Radio Systems Corporation ⟩ UX/UI Designer
Looking for a place where you can lead experience design processes to drive product development? Where UX has company support, executive buy-in, and high expectations? We are seeking a UX/UI Designer to join a small team elevating the experience of our products and Internet of Things mobile applications, and global web properties. We conduct research, facilitate design discovery, prototype, wireframe, maintain digital style guides and produce all design deliverables for our projects. The UX/UI Designer will also advocate, consult, and teach customer-centered design throughout the organization.
Here's what you can expect in this role in the coming year:
- Use heuristics and customer insights to help product teams focus on the best product experiences
- Create user flows and screen designs for pet products and Internet of Things apps
- Be in front of people for interviews and usability testing
- Iterate our app design system
- Present and articulate the benefits of your design decisions to the business and stakeholders
There are many challenges and opportunities associated with our roadmap projects. You will continue to develop your professional skills working with a UX team that is leading the design culture within the company. We have a passionate group of stakeholders and developers, and we need equally passionate designers that are always looking to push for better designed experiences for pets and their owners.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field
- Relevant work experience showing your expertise, skills, and ability
- Solid understanding of usability, universal design, and designing for touch
- Fluency in current interaction and visual design practices and tools
- Ability and willingness to communicate, critique, and collaborate across departments
Preference if you've done any of these:
- Designed physical product interfaces
- Designed Internet of Things applications
- Worked on an Agile team writing user stories, acceptance criteria, etc.
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits! We offer a collaborative, creative team-oriented environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog (our whole reason for what we do) to work!
Our company values outline "THE WILL." These values act as our guide for working with teammates, partners, and customers. It's a rare day when someone doesn't quote one of our values. We know them by heart, and we live them.
- Try - Try a lot of stuff and keep what works. Mistakes are recognized as a part of the learning and growing process. The only failure is failure to try.
- Honesty - Integrity is more important than short-term profit. We are open and honest with our fellow associates, our customers, our vendors, and our stockholders.
- Environment - We create an environment of openness, equality, and teamwork.
- Win-win-win solutions - There's always a win-win-win solution to every problem or opportunity.
- Improvement - Continuing improvement in our company, our products, and ourselves is fundamental to our culture.
- Listen - Listen to customers, teammates, and vendors to find ways to improve products and processes.
- Last - Radio Systems will be built to last for many generations through its culture and practices.