Travelers ⟩ Sr Design Lead (UX Architect), Design System and Accessibility
Travelers Design System was created so that we can offer exceptional experiences for customers, partners and employees at scale and with consistency. With the growth of our design system and the pace of digital transformation across the company, we need a design leader to help the team tackle the next phase. As the UX Architect, you'll work closely with the product manager, the team and stakeholders to understand the needs of our users and guide our design strategy. You'll leverage insights to design and prioritize the creation of interface patterns and content. You'll also serve as a key point of contact for other teams across the enterprise using the design system, providing coaching and consulting to ensure they deliver exceptional product experiences, while working with the team to gather insights that help us improve the Design System.
- Lead the team in planning and conducting cooperative design and critique sessions, user interviews, testing, and other research activities.
- Ensure exceptional craftsmanship in design artifacts, including personas, user flows, IA maps, pattern comps, prototypes, and more.
- Work closely with the developers on our team to create assessible, standards-compliant, interface patterns.
- Support the product manager to run continuous prioritization efforts and drive an outcome-based approach to all work.
- Collaborate with product designers, product owners, developers, and business stakeholders to support adoption and gather input.
- Take part in continuous improvement efforts, finding opportunities to make our work more effective.
- Provide input to ensure we have adequate capacity for sustaining and advancing the Design System.
- Engage with vendors to ensure we leverage the Design System across all touch points.
- Serve as a leader in our experience design practice, helping to recruit new members, coach more junior designers, improve processes and tools, and build a mature, high-performing design group.