Blue Raster ⟩ Lead UX Designer
Join Blue Raster and help us design web and mobile applications across a variety of platforms. Work with our team and clients to generate concepts and design solutions that are focused, unique and innovative and represent the best in GIS business applications. Our ideal candidate has an optimistic and adaptable attitude and is ready to design for a range of client projects and internal needs. In this role, you will collaborate daily with a talented team of Developers, GIS Analysts, Project Managers, and Marketing/Sales Leads.
- You'll act as Design Lead on projects and oversee a project's creative process from beginning to end.
- You'll take ownership of design work from brainstorming through implementation. This includes designing and delivering user flows, wireframes, information architecture, and high-fidelity visuals that are optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- You'll lead workshops, demos, hands-on design activities, and presentations with clients on-site
- Effectively collaborate with Project Managers, Developers, Analysts, and clients to understand product vision and customer needs and iterate designs through customer feedback
- You'll help make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- If necessary, assist in building the Design Team through recruiting and interviewing; mentor junior developers
- You'll support Blue Raster marketing and design projects as needed - Designing print and digital handout materials for marketing, designing graphics for social media and blogs, and serve as the primary liaison with our Project Management team for pitch and proposal templates
- 3-6 years of consulting experience designing engaging user interfaces for web applications
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles and platform interface guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge and abilities in Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Knowledge of Zeplin a plus
- Experience creating diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity interface design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems in collaboration with a team as well as with business stakeholders
- Be motivated, forward-thinking, and an all-around team player
- Degree in design, psychology, or a related field
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, we are unable to sponsor
About Blue Raster
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k with 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Paid Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits
- Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
We also provide opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education.