The Globe and Mail ⟩ Product Designer
As a Product Designer, you will be part of the core UX team that is evolving and refining our design system and applying it to new user experiences that serve the needs of our news and financial readers. You will play a key role in ensuring we are continually evolving the user experience so that it is personal and rewarding for our readers.
- Design world-class experiences that allow our audience to achieve their goals within The Globe and Mail’s primary news and financial websites and apps in a way that feels simple, elegant and understandable
- Design interface concepts, prototypes, and UI elements that elevate the user experience across all digital products while adhering to the overall design approach
- Perform A/B testing and/or user feedback sessions to validate user problems and design solutions with our audience members
- Collaborate with other team members, product managers and engineers from discovery right through to delivery.
- Share your great work and learning internally and externally, growing your professional self by teaching and mentoring others
You should bring the following characteristics and experiences:
- 3-4 years of experience designing digital interfaces with a passion for user experience and design thinking, a strong desire to be innovative within the news, content publishing and media industry
- A positive attitude that embraces diversity in the workplace, to be open-minded, mature, and willing to improve your skillset and work through constructive feedback
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking and clarity in communication and documentation
- Detail-oriented with the ability to create wireframes, design specifications and front-end designs
- Comfortable talking to customers and facilitating user feedback sessions
- A strong understanding of data analytics and a proven ability in translating both qualitative and quantitative improvements to the user experience
Better still … it would be great if you also:
- Have extensive experience using design tools like Sketch, Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Have basic front-end coding comprehension, CSS, HTML
- Have experience with pattern libraries, UI libraries, UX documentation best-practices, illustrating icons, colour theory, animation, video
- Have experience with A/B testing tools like Adobe Target or Optimizely
- Have experience working with and delivering successful results within Agile development teams.
Thank you for considering us!