DonorDrive ⟩ UX/UI Designer
The UX Designer is responsible for creating a best in class user experience for DonorDrive and all of its products. The UX Designer works with product management to understand client goals and problems to solve, and helps create clear success criteria for each project. The UX Designer builds prototypes and conducts usability testing to determine the success of prototypes. The UX Designer works with Visual Design, Front End Development and Product Development to build final features for the product.
On any given day, you will be responsible for the following:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Build interactive prototypes and wireframes based upon research findings and requirements
- Perform client interviews to validate and test prototypes
- Regularly present work to design team and stakeholders
- Rapidly iterate to find solutions
- Collaborate with Visual Designers to create high fidelity, final prototypes to pass on for development
- Ensure UX projects and research meet project timelines
To be successful on this team, the following criteria must be met:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Education in Web Design, Web Development or related discipline
- Able to work with designers, developers, and product management to solve problems
- Well organized and willing to learn
- Strong work ethic and "give a damn"
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to create high fidelity and complex prototypes with Axure and Sketch
- Good interview and note taking skills
- Follows scripts created by the UX Researcher
- Conducts one-on-one moderated user testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of empathy to understand the users we design for
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
Here's what will set you apart from the rest of the field:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Previous work with design systems
- Proficient in prototyping with Axure and Sketch
- Experience coding with HTML and CSS
DonorDrive employs our expertise in fundraising, online marketing, and design to help our clients raise awareness and funds for their missions. We serve nonprofits throughout North America and Australia as we process donations from over 120 countries.
Our initial staff of 10 has grown to more than five times that size, supporting nonprofits around the globe, and giving fundraisers the chance to become the hero of their own story and change the world around them.