Duolingo ⟩ Design Producer
Keep the trains running, to the right destinations, on time.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more work to do — and that’s where you come in! You’ll facilitate the collaboration and design of product, brand, art, and marketing projects for Duolingo, the Duolingo English Test, and the Tinycards app, amongst others. With your project management guidance, you will help ensure we deliver great work, on time, every time.
This role reports to the VP of Design as a member of the Design team, the instrumental creative partner in most projects at Duolingo—from our mobile apps and website to the brand voice and email newsletters, and even community events. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
- Define project plans and scope, resource allocation, and project milestones to align with internal project budgets
- Gather and document requirements
- Coordinate creative and technical teams to deliver work that meets Duolingo’s user experience and quality standards
- Oversee external vendor and freelance relationships for the Design team
- Remove practical obstacles to completing tasks and projects
- Run project kick-off meetings, critiques, check-ins and weekly team meetings
- Ensure that the Design team knows who they are collaborating with on what and that we hit our deadlines
- A meticulous sense of organization, with a passion for operational excellence
- Great ways to organize your time and todos, as well as designers
- Effective and efficient written and spoken communication
- Experience from a product company or agency
- The ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have...
- A great existing vendor/production network
- A hyper vigilant attention to detail