ChaiOne ⟩ Senior Interaction Designer
Reports to: Head of Design
ChaiOne is a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. We work with some of the world’s largest energy & industrial companies to solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving. We strive to transform the way businesses and industry operate through cutting edge technology, smart solutions, and bringing a modern experience to the enterprise.
We’re looking for a Senior Interaction Designer who is passionate about design and driven to create client solutions that meld business objectives, design principles, and continuous user research into a compelling user experience. As a senior designer on our UX team, you’ll be collaborating with UX researchers, engineers, designers, and end-users to own and guide well-crafted web and mobile applications that bring value to our clients and delight their workforce. You are an expert in designing intuitive user interfaces and software experiences and are capable of educating and guiding non-designers through the user-centered design process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bring user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital solutions from concept to launch by creating workflows, site maps, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, and key UX documentation.
- Consolidate and translate research findings, team input, client needs/strategy and brand characteristics into authentic and usable interface solutions.
- Produce estimates that are accurate, consistent, and achievable, that lead to the delivery of successful outcomes
- Successfully & independently advocate the need and value of data-driven design to internal and external stakeholders
- Handle increasingly complex and/or large scale projects within estimations (on time/within budget)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of department best practices
- Must be willing to travel and work at client sites as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree from a four-year design program
- 4+ years of professional experience in an interaction design role
- Mastery of Sketch and InVision app for screen design and prototyping
- A strong portfolio that showcases your knowledge of design principles and information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills across multiple platforms and form-factors
- Ability to guide, educate, and work with clients to design user experiences and interactions that successfully meet project needs
- Proficiency designing for responsive web, native iOS, and native Android platforms
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Experience working with Keynote presentations
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Presenting to a Client
- Time management
- Collaborative—can work in cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented, down to the pixel
- High energy, positive attitude
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Motion graphics (plus)
- Familiarity with JIRA (plus)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ChaiOne is a pioneer in industrial digitalization. Reimagining plant, field, supply chain processes with design thinking led solutions that reduce cost, increase adoption, and elevate the customer experience. The complete strategy-to-solution expertise sets ChaiOne apart to help industrial customers achieve exponential outcomes across their logistics, supply chain, field, and plant operations. We make complex simple. We are artsy, entrepreneurial, innovators that have fun while working hard.