Roku ⟩ Manager, Design Operations
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is looking for an experienced Manager of Design Operations to be a hands-on program manager and leader to amplify the impact of our UX org as we craft easy-to-use and delightful product experiences for tens of millions of users around the world. This role reports to the VP of UX Design & Research.
Great user experiences come from people who have the vision to see the big picture on the macro side while still maintaining an incredible attention to detail on the micro side. More than ability to keep the vision while managing the minutiae: We need someone who can play three-dimensional chess on the axes of what our customers need, what our world-class engineers can produce, with the third axis being keeping things as elegantly easy as possible (and no more).
Roku has become famous for making sure each feature and product is as perfect as it can be - just look at our remote control or user interface - while still pushing the boundaries of what it means to watch TV. In order to help ship features and products, you will partner with product management and engineering leaders to innovate and deliver features and capabilities across the Roku platform, while maintaining the integrity and cohesiveness of our user experience. Great candidates are comfortable with ambiguity, though that isn't code for "sloppy." Even when you aren't sure, you should move forward precisely and quickly knowing that action creates its own certainty. And because everyone here is empowered, your performance at Roku tends to come from getting others to embrace your idea. It's the most collaborative people who can drop their ego in service of their customers and create the win-win of success for our customers.
In this role, you will partner with design and research leadership to foster community and culture within the team and define and drive our operational strategy, so we deliver against quality standards throughout the product development process. You oversee UX program management, but equally focus on building the organization and processes required to consistently deliver high-quality results. You understand the company mission and business strategy and prioritize accordingly.
What you'll be doing
- Drive our design and research operational strategy (metrics, culture, people, resources, planning, tools, and process)
- Plan and manage headcount, budgets, forecasts, vendors, and contractors
- Support UX teams to scope new product initiatives, identify priorities, and deliver key projects that have multiple stakeholders and moving parts
- Define and support strategic initiatives that improve team efficiency and impact, including design process, hiring process, documentation, and onboarding
- Support the management team with effective communication, proactive problem solving, and information distribution
- Act as a bridge between the UX team and product management, engineering, and content design by making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for
- Ensure design teams move efficiently along our design process, tracking progress and meeting deadlines
- Plan and facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, establishing clear next steps and owners, and resolving blocks that impede progress
- Provide stakeholders with visibility and updates of current projects, resource use, team performance, and product health
- Manage, coach, and inspire a small team of UX Program Managers, by providing vision and direction
- Oversee high-quality work in a fast-paced, complex, and sometimes ambiguous environment
We're excited if you have
- 5+ years of industry experience as a UX program manager
- 3+ years of experience managing program managers, designers, researchers, or engineers
- Experience collaborating with teams of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers throughout the design and development process
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and approach
- Experience operationalizing design
- Experience communicating with data to influence product strategy
- Ability to drive results at all levels regardless of reporting structures
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, relationship-building, and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and relentless attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to define, plan, and lead multiple projects simultaneously, without compromising quality
- You are technical, self-managing, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with a diverse team of individuals and embracing differing opinions
- Candidates with advanced degrees in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, with familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for TV are preferred
Our unique culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.