Northwestern Mutual ⟩ Sr. Design Program Manager
What's the Role?
The Design Program Manager stewards project schedules and drives creative workflow across our digital design teams. You will manage the timelines of creative initiatives across the studio, developing detailed timelines and tracking the project status, identifying bottlenecks, scheduling internal reviews with the digital design team and key partners, and cultivating a smooth workflow process by partnering with our team leaders. Additionally, you will look to develop and enhance our internal systems in order to consistently improve the way our digital design teams operate.
- Manage product design workflow throughout the product lifecycle.
- Act as liaison between other program managers.
- Facilitate team communications through meetings, dashboards, reports
- Manage operational programs.
- Participate in periodic planning and resource forecasting
- Recommend and develop process improvement
- Participate in recruiting activities to help build a robust operational team
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- You will have approximately 5 years' experience collaborating in creative environments.
- You have successfully delivered/shipped products &/or services
- Over long timelines
- With multiple releases
- Utilizing an outcomes approach
- You have worked with design, research, and content teams that collaborated with cross-functional partners.
- You have experience working on programs with fluid requirements and shifting priorities, and able to keep teams focused on results necessary for achieving latest goals/objectives.
- You have brought innovative tools, methods, and processes into your environment through continuous experimentation.
Preferred experience & skills
- You have worked in a highly regulated environment like healthcare or financial services.
Things that we value:
- Our design team values people who bring their best selves to work every single day, with positive attitudes that allow them to lean into discovering solutions that bring about real business outcomes. We bring our passion for our craft with a strong opinion, but always with an openness for learning from anywhere. We want to work with people who are curious, believe in self and community change, and are engaged and present when at work.
About Northwestern Mutual
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.