Northwestern Mutual ⟩ Sr. Content Strategist
What's the role?
As a Senior Content Strategist, you are embedded within the Product Design team and will use your curated content strategy knowledge and gift for language to design intuitive, delightful product experiences - helping users accomplish their goals while keeping focus on business objectives.
Our team is leading a major digital transformation, and our Senior Content Strategists are critical in delivering on our organization's total success by implementing content strategy methodologies and UX writing principles to formulate a consistent and unified voice across products.
What you'll be doing
- Implement content strategy methodologies to help plan for the creation, delivery and governance of useful, usable content.
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface copy for customer, field and home office experiences.
- Lead content team workshops to shape, maintain and evolve style guide (editorial, voice and tone, and standards guidelines) documentation.
- Collaborate with research, UX and visual designers, engineers, product managers, and many others throughout the enterprise to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Use logic, hard data, and empathy to inform content choices that balance the needs of customers with business objectives.
- Develop content processes to support a cohesive content ecosystem.
- Act as a subject matter specialist, succinctly present and rationalize work to partners.
- Use data and research to evaluate content's impact.
- Help define a clear and repeatable process so the organization better understands how to work with the content strategy team.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
A qualified Senior Content Strategist would have the following experience & skills:
- Content auditing/analyzing existing content and content ecosystems
- Defining and implementing taxonomies and content structures
- Content modeling
- Governing content
- Ability to help streamline narrative across multiple platforms and touch points with the goal to build templated content where possible.
- Strong writing skills and command of the English language (grammar, spelling and vocabulary).
- Proficient at UX writing or content design.
- Participates in and informs the intake and ideation process.
- Experience mentoring/informally leading others.
- Be an advocate for and adhere to brand voice, tone and style requirements and standards.
- Familiar with data-driven approaches that take into consideration business metrics, site assessment, competitive analysis, and research.
- Ability to balance multiple projects; adaptable to constantly evolving priorities.
- Ability to collaborate, seek clarity, and work independently to execute on tasks.
- Willingness to help teammates and learn from them.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain high levels of output.
- Openness to receive feedback/constructive critiques as well as provide it.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill.
- Individual who enjoys working in collaborative environment.
- Can simplify difficult concepts and communicate them in an easy, understandable way.
- Influence partners and advocate for effective content solutions.
- Experience in a regulated industry like financial/banking, insurance, &/or healthcare
- Experience working in product design, marketing or tech organizations, agencies, freelance.
- Portfolio with content strategy assets, UX-focused writing samples, and style guidelines.
About Northwestern Mutual
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.