Retail Zipline ⟩ UX Writer
Your content will make a difference
Want to do meaningful content work at a product-driven company and have a real impact on the lives of millions of people working in retail? As a UX Writer you will be part of solving complex and interesting problems and making the jobs of millions of retail employees better.
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
As a UX Writer at Zipline you'll work with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to create a consistent direction for how we communicate with and structure our content. You'll be part of owning and driving our voice and tone and UX content from start to finish helping our teams ship the right solutions to challenging problems.
Our content matters to our customers (Gap Inc, TOMS, Lululemon, LEGO, and many more amazing brands) and we believe the investments we're making in design, research and content will continue to set us apart from our competitors. We want you to be part of that!
We are a well-funded market leader, but there is so much more to do and so much opportunity. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for a UX Writer to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product. For this role, we are looking for someone who has the skills to make an impression, streamline a flow, craft content that teaches in context and help our team shape products that create delight and deliver value to our customers.
We're hiring a UX Writer who can help bring consistency and delight to our products. You'll make our software sound and feel like a conversation that just makes sense.
- Work directly with our Product Design team to design content and provide writing support iteratively within our agile processes
- Translate customer problems into experiences that are articulated in content and writing
- Work with our Product team to translate our voice and tone to a writing system for our Zipline product experience for Engineering, Product, and Design
- Explore and refine concepts and narrow to the best solution quickly without losing effort
- Create simple, elegant solutions to complex content problems
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
- Lead by example - do great work and help people on the team learn how you do it.
- Have experience writing copy with user experiences teams in the product
- Have experience designing content for digital products
- Understand the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed information architecture and content design
- Can design content in systems, not just write words
- Are an excellent communicator of content design work, and your rationale behind proposals
More about you
- Are a self-starter who can deeply collaborate with others
- Have a growth mindset, a willingness to own problems, comfort with ambiguity, and a healthy balance of humility and confidence
- You have a passion for building amazing products that people love to use.
What's in it for you
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Once we're able to travel again, twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with a fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
We value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.