Retail Zipline ⟩ UX Researcher
Your research will make a difference.
Want to do meaningful research and help set the future direction at a product-driven company and have a real impact on the lives of millions of people working in retail? You will be part of solving complex and interesting problems and your insights will help make the jobs of millions of retail employees better.
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
As a researcher at Zipline you'll work with Product Managers, Designers, Biz Ops, Marketing and Engineers to define research problems and the research methods to solve them. You'll own and drive research projects from start to finish helping our teams ship solutions to challenging problems.
Data and insights matter to our customers (Gap Inc, TOMS, Lululemon, LEGO, and many more amazing brands) and we believe the investments we're making in research and design will continue to set us apart from our competitors. We want you to be part of that!
We are a well-funded market leader, but there is so much more to do and so much opportunity. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for a UX Researcher to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product. For this role, we are looking for someone who has the skills to generate insights that build empathy, improve product strategy and help our team shape products that create delight and deliver value to our customers.
We're hiring a Researcher who can think strategically about how to win the market and then practically help projects forward through insights that will make that strategy successful!
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into research reports that provide teams with meaningful and actionable insights.
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research, from 1:1 interviews to large-scale surveys.
- Communicate insights and recommendations across the company, to guide our strategy and road maps.
- Empower Product teams and others in the organization by involving them in research.
- Champion research at Zipline, help evolve the discipline and build the tools and processes that will enable us to scale our growing business.
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned.
- Work in close collaboration with Design and Data Insights leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
- Lead by example - do great work and help people on the team learn how you do it.
- You have experience working with product leadership to move research forward.
- You've delivered meaningful impact to customers and business
- Delivering impact at a strategic level is well within your wheel house
- You have the ability to clearly communicate the learnings of research insights to various levels and teams within a company.
- Conducting sometimes complex research and executing mixed method research studies is in your blood.
More about you:
- A solid understanding of the Jobs to Be Done framework.
- You have a passion for building amazing products that people love to use.
What's In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get us and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Once we're able to travel again, twice-annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And much more!