Generation Home ⟩ Product Designer
As the third designer, you'll be required to wear a lot of hats. The design team is currently a centralised unit that works with multiple cross-functional product teams, meaning you need to be comfortable working with Product Managers, Engineers, Senior Management and our Operations team.
On a day-to-day basis you'll:
- Own the end-to-end design process, including;
- Workshopping new features and products
- Creating draft designs and prototypes using our design system in Figma
- Gathering and implementing stakeholder feedback
- Conducting user research
- Creating shippable, high-quality designs
- Iterating on qualitative and quantitative data once it's live
- Helping drive product strategy
- Get involved with growth efforts
- Help evolve our design system
We are looking for someone that:
- Has worked in fast-paced, cross-functional environments before
- Is focused on creating simple and repeatable UX patterns that make complex mortgage topics relatable and understandable
- Can deliver high-quality visual designs
- Works in an open and collaborative way - we have a strong culture of giving and receiving feedback to make us all stronger
You might be the perfect person if:
- The idea of diving into complex mortgage concepts excites you, because you understand the difference we can make to our customers' lives.
- You're not scared of stretching yourself and getting stuck in - even if that means learning how to use a 3D printer from scratch (for example!).
- You want to be part of a fast-paced team - you'll work on loads of different things across a week and the context switching keeps things fresh and fun for you.
- You can hold a long and complex journey in your head without getting lost.
If that sounds like you, we'd love to talk.
- Meaningful stock options in a fast growing start-up
- Joining the team early and having a massive impact on our direction
- 25 days of vacation
- Some flexible working
- £1000 annual training budget
- Pension contributions matched (3% currently)
About Generation Home
Generation Home is a new mortgage lender that is upending the stale mortgage market. We're a venture backed startup that raised the largest seed round in Europe in 2019 and recently raised a Series A round that sets us up to smash our ambitious targets for 2021.
The status quo for owning a home simply doesn't work for most people. They miss out on all of the homeownership benefits because they're locked out of the system by lazy lenders and greedy brokers. But it doesn't have to be this way. We're building a lender that focuses on two things; opening the door so more people can buy a home and creating a meaningfully better mortgage experience that makes you better off by having a Generation Home mortgage.
To help us make this a reality, we are looking for a Product Designer that is ready to take on this big challenge and grow with us.