BoxCast ⟩ User Experience Researcher
How You'll Make An ImpactThe User Experience Researcher is a new position and a member of the newly-formed User Experience (UX) team, which is tasked with defining and building great experiences for our digital and physical products. The UX Researcher will utilize a variety of user research and information gathering techniques, along with your strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to conduct research that evaluates and influences our experiences for desktop, mobile, and physical devices. This position requires someone who is collaborative, confident, self-aware, flexible, analytical, and a problem-solver that advocates for the customer.
What You'll Do
- Plan, coordinate, and lead customer experience research studies using techniques such as in-person and remote usability testing, product/concept evaluation, and customer feedback surveys.
- Analyze and synthesize information gathered during studies and ad-hoc analyses to make business and design recommendations for improving the customer experience.
- Employ creative and innovative qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand the needs of consumers to generate insights useful in evaluating designs and fueling ideation.
- Communicate results and recommendations with authority using compelling and creative presentation techniques.
- Partner with key stakeholders, including engineering, product owners, project managers, customer support, sales, operations, and QA teams, all while advocating for a research-driven approach to building compelling user experiences.
- Take ownership of assigned projects and make decisions with supervision.
- Responsible for other tasks as assigned.
- You are able to excel in an Agile work environment
- Knowledge of user interface design, information architecture, and human factors.
- Existing familiarity with web and mobile design patterns.
- Strong presentation skills, particularly when discussing data-heavy topics.
- Familiarity with user research techniques/tools such as usability testing, survey writing, in-person interviewing, and user analytics.
- Having a background in testing consumer goods, computer hardware, or physical goods also be an asset.
- 2+ years professional education or training in Human Factors research, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology (or a related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience making and supporting recommendations using observed customer behavior, user analytics data, and/or survey responses.
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of and ability to apply research to inform UX deliverables including, personas, user task flows, experience maps, baselines and benchmarks, and affinity diagrams.
- Experience working at a SaaS company or with rich web applications is a plus.
- Extremely comfortable with the tools of the trade: UserTesting.com (or similar), SurveyMonkey (or similar), Excel, etc. Must also be productive with G-Suite tools
- A competitive base salary
- Flexible DTO (Discretionary Time Off) policy to take time to recharge
- Flexible work from home policy (if remote, some travel will be necessary)
- Robust benefits plans including medical, dental, vision from Day 1
- A newly renovated office environment near the popular West 25th Street area
BoxCast is a complete, easy-to-use live streaming solution for organizations.
BoxCast is the simplest live HD-streaming solution available. All you need to stream live is power, an internet connection and a video camera.
With BoxCast, you schedule your broadcast ahead of time meaning one less thing to keep track of on the day of your event. Your viewers will get a perfectly-sized picture on any device – smartphone, tablet or computer. Plus, there's no buffering and no annoying ads to distract from your streamed content.
For one low price, you can stream unlimited events to unlimited viewers and store content indefinitely without worrying about overages.