SiteMinder ⟩ Product Design Lead
Sydney 3 weeks ago
As SiteMinder's Product Design Lead you will work with a small team of designers to help define and drive projects in their early stages, including onboarding, learning and up-sell journeys.
The right person for this job loves working from a blank page to identify problems and opportunities, document requirements, lead research initiatives and drive projects forward. You are pragmatic, delivery focused, creative, curious and empathetic; with a passion for learning and sharing knowledge.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing 3-5 talented designers across several products; coordinating and guiding designers in the research and design phase
- Driving vision and execution for projects, working broadly with stakeholders and deeply with your team to constantly improve our products
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our customer research and testing capabilities across the team and championing the same across the organisation
- Facilitating workshops and sprints that bring clarity to teams and move projects forward
- Working with your team to socialise designs across the business and gain buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- Resource planning and hiring for the portfolio
The skills you already have:
- Experience working at a senior level, directing and mentoring designers
- Experience leading the successful delivery of large-scale projects
- A calm, friendly personality that keeps teams motivated and morale high
- You love seeking out information and collaborating with designers and engineers to define and solve problems
- You're a clear thinker who can inspire confidence in senior leaders
- You have a 'continuous improvement' mindset: if you spot a gap you step in to fix or improve the situation
- You're comfortable with context switching - We're a fast-paced, growing company and you'll be an important point of clarity for the team.
Ever booked hotel accommodation on Booking.com, Expedia or TripAdvisor? Chances are, you've used SiteMinder. Our goal is to liberate hoteliers with technology that makes a world of difference, and we do that by helping them find and acquire guests online.
We are the world's leading guest acquisition platform for hotels, supporting 35,000 hotels in 160 countries to generate more than 87 million reservations on our platform each year.