Science 37 ⟩ Senior User Researcher
Science 37 is looking for its first User Researcher to join our growing design team. As our first dedicated researcher, you will lay the groundwork for a consistent user research program at Science 37. You will regularly perform evaluative research to identify ways our products can be improved and to validate design decisions. You'll also conduct generative/exploratory research that will answer big questions about workflows and customer needs, informing our roadmap and improving the lives of our users.
As an early member of the design team, you'll also have an outsized influence on how design operates at Science 37, helping to create a culture of feedback and collaboration.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with design and product leadership to develop a user research strategy, including platform selection, study cadence, and methodology.
- Plan and design user research of all types, both generative and evaluative.
- Drive the end-to-end user research lifecycle, including selection of methods that align with research questions and business goals.
- Assist in the creation and upkeep of user personas.
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization.
- Collaborate with partners to understand the impact of user research on product strategy and measure effectiveness of product features.
- Advise and collaborate with designers on research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product development process.
- 5+ years proven success leading user research projects with demonstrated impact.
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, facilitation, analysis, and reporting.
- Expertise in qualitative research and knowledge of basic quantitative methodologies (t-tests, confidence intervals, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge of generative and evaluative research methods.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional working sessions and/or workshops with peers and partners.
- Comfortable working with agile and lean software development approaches.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent problem-solving and people skills- Communicate ideas effectively to resolve conflicts and achieve business goals.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions - Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Product Design