GrowFlow ⟩ Product Designer
We are looking for a uniquely creative and experienced product designer to join our rapidly growing software product team for the opportunity of a lifetime. As a member of the "most helpful company in cannabis", you'll be tasked to create more usable and efficient interfaces that are scalable across our entire product suite. You'll help decide what our products look and behave like, and play a key role in the definition of the user experience strategy and implementation.
As a member of the product team reporting to the Director of Product, you'll need to wear a lot of hats. You'll contribute to the end-to-end design process, including workshopping new product ideas. You'll work on wicked problems that don't have one clear answer, always keeping the user at the forefront of the discussion. You'll help to balance trade-offs with other stakeholders on various solutions, mitigating risk by validating with users along the way. You'll translate these into mockups and requirements and work side-by-side with the Engineering team to oversee the development of your designs. It doesn't end there. You'll also be evangelizing good design practices across the entire company.
You'll collaborate across multiple teams, including product management, engineering, senior executives, customer success, sales, and marketing. With your experience designing complex systems, you'll be able to find solutions that work in a variety of contexts that are scalable and modularized.
What You'll Do
- Create efficient user interfaces with non-linear workflows
- Use your iterative design process to explore ideas, test concepts with users, and de-risk the project
- QA all design work across a portfolio of complex web applications to manage the consistency of the design system
- Incorporate user research into feasible ideas and design concepts that will increase product-market fit and user engagement.
- Collaborate across multiple departments and provide design perspective on products and processes
What You'll Have
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a product designer for SaaS web applications or complex software
- Experience designing and shipping products for both mobile and desktop use
- Familiarity with market research, consumers' behavior, and customer development techniques
- Mastery and application of color, space, typography, iconography, illustration, and UX laws
- Fluency with prototyping tools like Figma, Framer, Origami, InVision to make artifacts come to life
- Ability to talk about projects, show artifacts, and demonstrate competencies required for the role
- We are a fully remote company and this position will be remote.
- We are looking for someone who is ready to join us full-time after a brief trial period (all our employees do this).
- We offer health benefits, 401k, unlimited time off, charity matching, and other cool perks.
- We are offering an annual starting salary in the range of $70,000 - $90,000 USD.
We're in a special market
- The cannabis space is very unique due to the nature of an ever-changing regulatory landscape and explosive growth in market size.
- We have a stellar reputation for being customer-focused and providing industry-leading customer service. We aim to maintain that level of excellence with a laser focus on our customers.
While we're a growth-stage company, our environment is typical of a start-up
- We work in small, high-performing teams, are fast-paced, and we all get a lot done by everyone wearing many hats.
- We are serious about optimizing our time and staying focused on the most important goals and outcomes.
- We are a remote team and are completely on board with 100% remote work, meaning we focus on over-communication to ensure we can stay in sync despite our physical distance.
- We're building lots of new things, but also maintaining a significant business. We are mindful of the balance and need to monitor and pay down design and tech debt and also innovate with exciting greenfield projects and new markets.