trivago ⟩ UX Designer
Are you an experienced UX designer with exquisite taste for building user-centric products? Do you want to evolve a product that is used by millions of people worldwide?
In this role, you'll work with a team of designers, researchers, engineers and product managers to improve the experience of our core product. You'll design for cross-channel user journeys, and contribute to evolve the user experience of trivago's hotel search product.
If you're looking for a highly impactful position in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same, read on.
What you'll do:
- Define evidence-based problem statements and success metrics. Host workshops with stakeholders to ideate, define and facilitate a shared understanding on the solutions. Use methods, such as prototyping, to validate solutions before delivery.
- Solve complex interaction problems and define the user experience of new features from initial ideas to production-ready designs.
- Be the voice of the user and drive the UX decisions in a cross-functional team to ensure usability, consistency, and continuity across our product.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as sketches, prototypes, wireframes and UI Designs.
- Iterate, see users fail to understand your concepts, and learn from it.
- Make use of user research and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Participate and deliver on the day to day production of design solutions.
- Work with, maintain, and challenge our design system.
- Keep a strong connections to your design peers and be an integral part of the design community.
What you'll need:
What we'd love you to have:
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It's the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
- Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our techblog, follow @tech_trivago on Twitter and sign up to our tech newsletter.
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about Our Product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We look forward to your application!