Vanguard ⟩ Senior UX Designer
- The UX designer, by default, typically owns mapping out the screen flow, wireframing concepts, applying the visual design language, prototyping the interactions and partnering with development to hand off the designs.
- Deliver responsive designs for desktop, mobile and tablet.
- Incorporate (as needed) iconography, illustrations, and photography.
- Partner with the content strategist on shaping the design around the content needs.
- Partners with the UX researcher on supporting the user testing of design prototypes.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from clients.
- Present designs at design critiques and update as needed.
- Collaborate with UX strategist to realize the vision.
- Work with dev team to ensure designs are implemented to spec; QA visual designs.
- Accommodate accessibility needs.
- Conduct competitive and comparative analysis; outside-in thinking
- Leverage the research insights to form a design solution.
- Collaborate with the other designers across labs and families to ensure consistency of design patterns.
- Work with the VET team to bring new pattern designs to the forefront or review and "vet" designs.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent training and experience in a creative or technical field)
- At least five years of industry/field-specific experience, including interactive web design
- Native design experience is mandatory
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Advanced knowledge in user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior and interactions
- Advanced knowledge in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content, user experience)
- Experience creating and maintaining an interactive design system is a huge plus.
Portfolio or work samples preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
A design experience that delivers
The Retail Client Experience and Digital strategic priority aims to provide Vanguard clients with a best-in-class experience that reflects intelligent, purposeful design. We take a client-centric approach by orienting around journeys - a client's end-to-end experience when performing a certain task - while leveraging human-centered design and rapid experimentation to create digital experiences that exceed expectations.