Tallwave ⟩ UX/UI Product Designer (mid-level)
remote Scottsdale, AZ, USA; Phoenix Metro, AZ, USA; Dallas-Fort Worth, TX, USA 4 weeks ago
Are you obsessed with improving digital product experiences? Can you take a digital product idea and know exactly how to improve it for aesthetic appeal and user experience? Are you a relentless cheerleader for the user? Is "active listening" your middle name? Are you comfortable speaking candidly and challenging assumptions with respect and grace?
Then you might be exactly who we've been looking for!
Working closely alongside Design Team Leads and clients, you craft meaningful interactive and brand experiences through design, participating in workshops, implementing strategies and customer-centric methodologies. In addition to managing your project timelines and deliverables, you are an integral part of inspiring the design team, helping to develop and grow processes and keeping an active dialog with the team about new design trends and tools within the industry.
So if you believe you can back up your words with actions and create something amazing, keep reading...
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You lead by example in craftsmanship, accountability and behavior for the other members of the design team and Tallwave as a whole;
- You are an active listener who speaks candidly and challenges assumptions and finds solutions with respect and grace;
- You are accountable to your customers and your teammates and are aware of how your actions affect your team and our business.
- You use a design thinking approach to affect decisions on a higher level, solve business problems, and create business opportunities;
- You help create and improve workflows and processes;
- You are passionate about keeping up to speed with trends and innovations in experience design, technology, visual design, art, communications design and product design;
- You develop and enforce user experience design, interface design, and branding best practices;
- You will present work to internal teams and clients and be able to intelligently defend and collaborate on your designs in a room full of non-designers;
- You participate in key internal meetings, including weekly status updates and planning sessions and maintain current status using our communication tools;
- You work with clients and project teams to create deliverables like website and application architecture docs, user flows, sketching, wireframes and detailed annotations, UI concepts and mock-ups, and prototypes.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of web and interactive design experience
- Solid foundation in the principles of UI and UX
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and design thinking
- Solid skills in user interface design, wireframing, information & application architecture, process flows, prototyping, stakeholder & customer interviews, high-level usability testing
- Familiar with working with other designers and dev teams
- A combination of strategic, and conceptual design abilities
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Able to work under pressure with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence, listening skills, and tact
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated: you take the initiative to find a solution rather than waiting for someone to find one for you
- Proficient in Google Apps, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma
- Expert level with tools (Sketch, Abstract, InVision, HTML, et al.)
- Enterprise app experience is a plus
- In-depth user research experience is a plus
Other Nice to Haves:
- Agency experience is extremely helpful
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic agency environment
- Desire and ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- A design-related degree from a university is cool, but not mandatory
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Tallwave, we believe experience is everything. We're a customer experience design company located in Scottsdale, Arizona. We partner with change agents within the world's most ambitious companies to create exceptional customer experiences. We aspire to never fit the mold. We encourage divergent thinking and thrive bringing out-of-this-world ideas to life.
The culture and perks of being a Tallwaver:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We're willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We're curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic, and have strong attention to the details.
- An environment that fosters empathy and compassion for each other and our clients.
- A diverse (and competitive, and hilarious, and sometimes a little crazy) group of coworkers. You know, the kind you actually want to grab a drink with after work.
- Career growth and opportunity. We grow leaders here.
- We recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave and we stop to celebrate through Happy hours, on-the-fly high fives, core-values-based awards during our All Hands Meetings, and Tallwave anniversary awards, to name a few.
- Catered "Lunch & Discuss" sessions, and formal training sessions focused on continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We're more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team -- we have a generous PTO policy. Seriously, did you read about it yet? It's kind of amazing!
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients -- our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
- We qualified for inclusion in the 2020 INC Best Workplaces List.
- We qualified for inclusion in the 2020 Phoenix Business Journal Best Places to Work List.