Skuid Inc. ⟩ Content Designer
A Content Designer at Skuid designs with words. The tricky part is using the right words in the right place at the right time for the right audience.
This is a role for someone who geeks out over words, loves to write, savors research, talks to people about their product experiences, gets the work of building processes done, and wants to belong to an empowering team.
You may be a Technical Writer, UX Writer, Product Designer, or Content Strategist in your current role. Fantastic! We'd love to hear from you.
We do not necessarily expect you to come to Skuid from another Content Designer role. We do expect you to have interest in learning the disciplines of technical and UX writing, product and content design, and content and UX strategy. If you've been itching for a chance to grow in these disciplines, then this is a perfect opportunity for you!
You'd join Skuid's tight-knit Product Content team. We handle writing in-product content, as well as writing the documentation that supports the product. To fulfill these responsibilities, the Product Content team collaborates with product managers, product designers, and product engineers on a daily basis.
Your user-centered research and content decisions will shape the product for the people who experience - and build with - Skuid. You'll do work that matters.
Things you'll do
- Contribute to the design process by sharing research findings and by writing content for designs.
- Write in-product content that helps people understand and use Skuid.
- Write clear and concise documentation in line with our voice, tone, and style guidelines.
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, product engineers, and other product people to research, define, design, and implement product decisions.
- Research and identify user needs and to determine structure, format, and tone.
- Advocate for well-researched, data-driven, and user-centered design choices.
- Create and shape processes and systems that support effective design.
- Listen well - to the people using Skuid and to the people building Skuid.
- Measure the outcome of content decisions.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer, UX writer, product designer, content designer, or content strategist.
- Proven ability to produce clear and concise writing.
- Ability to analyze complex processes and break them down into understandable and teachable components.
- Drive to learn necessary technologies and techniques, both through independent research and team collaboration.
- Attention to detail, especially when a task is time-sensitive.
- Ability to prioritize work and ask for help from team members.
- Ability and experience translating complex technical concepts into easily understood language and examples.
- Experience with content and design tools.
- Experience with SaaS platforms, like Salesforce and Amazon Web Services.
Skuid provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
About Skuid Inc.
Why join Skuid? Our mission, our product, and our culture.
Skuid is the #1 toolkit to accelerate Salesforce app design, development, and adoption.
Off-the-shelf applications rarely match the unique workflows, processes and roles of your people, which kills software adoption and speed of innovation. Until now, user experience customization has cost far too much money and time. Skuid provides a fundamentally new model for creating digital experiences with little to no code required, combining Adaptive Data™, Adaptive Logic™, and Adaptive UI™ into a revolutionary Adaptive DX™ toolkit. Nearly 1000 customers across more than 30 countries use Skuid to create custom digital experiences that dramatically increase adoption and innovation up to 10 times faster.
Skuid hires exceptional individuals, invests in their growth and development, and offers them an environment of shared goals and values, rich experiences and opportunities. In turn, our employees take their projects and responsibilities very seriously, without taking themselves too seriously. We seek caring heroes, humble experts, and design thinkers whose talents and accomplishments will contribute to a thriving company, who have the character to support their capacity, and can make a positive impact on our culture. If you believe you have what it takes to earn the trust of others, you will fit in well at Skuid.