Anthro-Tech, Inc. ⟩ Content Strategy and Design Consultant
Anthro-Tech is searching for a content strategy and design consultant to lead content improvement projects, design information architectures, and develop and deliver training workshops focused on writing for the web and content strategy. For our user-centered design (UCD) projects, you'll work closely with user experience researchers, designers, and clients to ensure that content and information architecture supports a user experience strategy. You will help government organizations and nonprofits redesign and migrate information-rich websites into new, user-friendly sites. You'll be working with organizations with diverse audiences, non-profits with inspiring missions, and technology pioneers.
If you were working with us, here are some things you would've done last month
- Provided guidance for a content audit. Worked with subject matter experts to determine which content could be deleted, revised, or migrated as-is.
- Held office hours to guide multiple content contributors within a client agency
- Developed an improvement strategy for content on a large, information-rich website
- Conducted an information architecture study with key user groups to determine how easy/difficult it is for users to find the information they need
- Taught a content-related workshop with 25 participants
- Lead governance documentation efforts for a client in accordance with its marketing and branding strategy, business goals, and user needs.
Here are some other things you might do
- Plan improvements for a huge website with outdated, disjointed, and duplicative content
- Coach and mentor contributors to prioritize and plan their content
- Leverage customer research, personas, journey maps, and site data (Google, Click and Search analytics) to develop content strategies that target user needs and support business goals
- Set up a content management system sandbox environment to manage large content improvement projects with lots of content contributors
- Conduct card sorting studies to inform user-centered information architectures
- Collaborate with User Researchers and UX Designers to usability test a product
- Facilitate a workshop to map out current content writing workflow roles and responsibilities; identify gaps, opportunities, and risks
- Create structured content templates and coach our clients on how to use them
- Create documentation and training materials for content strategy, governance, editorial style, and implementing content management systems using structured content, taxonomies, and metadata
Qualifications and attitude
Experience is important. We're looking for someone who has led content strategy and improvement initiatives, migrated and published in an enterprise content management system, and helped others through the process. We have a smart and inspired team of researchers and designers who care deeply about our clients, our work, and our company. To fit in, a person has to be driven to add value, and comfortable with technology, uncertainty, and a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. You should consider yourself a professional and love solving problems and getting things done. This is a consulting position, so you need to enjoy rolling up your sleeves and helping client organizations tackle challenging large-scale projects efficiently, leaving them with the skills they need to maintain the improvements you achieve together.
Content strategy and governance consulting depends on leading and coaching clients. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience creating materials and leading workshops that help clients create and manage their content systems. The candidate should understand how to work with stakeholders in leadership as well as content creators to find alignment and prioritize goals.
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements, and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant content strategy and content design engagement. We're looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Please reference the "Content Strategist Position" in your correspondence and direct inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful, and make a positive impact on peoples' everyday lives.
Over the past 20 years, we've partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state, and federal government organizations, global foundations, and fortune 500 clients. Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle, Washington.
We're driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact