Foolproof ⟩ Principal Consultant
The role at a glance
As a Principal Consultant, you will be one of the most experienced practitioners in our team. You will work with our most important clients from discovery to delivery, leading multidisciplinary teams to create tangible results for their business and their customers. As a leader in our experience design practice, you will also help to develop the skills of more junior members of the team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, commercially aware consultant to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a very large appetite for fun.
Role and responsibilities
- Play a leading role in the delivery of a wide range of tactical and strategic experience design programmes, ensuring that we are creating tangible results for our clients and their customers.
- In your project teams, create an environment in which people can do their best work. Motivate and challenge your colleagues to find the best solution to problems.
- Use your deep expertise in experience design to provide advice and direction to clients and colleagues.
- Grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, past projects and future ambitions.
- Identify opportunities using knowledge of the client's business and industry to spot where they need to focus their attention to deliver great customer experiences and improved business performance.
- Help to define the best approach to client briefs, assist in scoping work and participate in pitch teams.
- Develop our people through line management, coaching and mentoring, helping them achieve their personal development objectives and ambitions.
- Champion our culture and values.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Articulate and engaging, able to lead conversations with senior clients.
- A passionate, creative thinker with an insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of what it takes to make change happen in large organisations.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- You are a generalist with a breadth of skills, but have a deep understanding and years of experience in at least one of the following:
- Interaction design, information architecture, visual design, or similar.
- User research
- Product management
- Business consulting, organisation design, business analysis, or similar.
- Digital strategy, experience strategy, or similar.
- Experience in a client-facing role working with top 100 brands is desirable.
- You have worked on end-to-end projects, from discovery and strategy to delivery to market.
- Prior experience of line management is desirable
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.