HubSpot ⟩ Senior Product Designer - AI/ML
Marketers self-reportedly spend almost a third of their time managing data quality. It's the top factor for successful performance of their marketing efforts. But the more time spent managing data, the less time they have to create compelling content or build a strong community to reach potential customers. This team has the opportunity to solve one of the biggest problems facing our highest value customers. You'll have a key role on a team in the discovery stage of how to surface, optimize, and automate data cleanup across the product, so marketers and operations professionals can save time, trust their data, and make better decisions for their business.
Senior Product Designer
Our designers are embedded on product teams, partnering equally with product managers and engineers. Your goal will be to research a product category and collaborate across multiple teams to develop a platform-wide solution for the data quality problem. We're looking for experienced UX pros excited about new problem spaces and eager to gain more autonomy in their work.
Understand the customer
- You'll become an expert on the needs and pain points of the customers you're designing for
- You have experience doing your own UX research (foundational interviews, reviewing existing data, surveys, usability and concept tests)
Effectively collaborate and communicate with your team
- You have the ability to work autonomously and be communicative in a collaborative environment
- You demonstrate strong examples of partnering with developers and product managers. Teamwork is central to how you get work done and you know how to build high quality, supportive working relationships
- You display a track record of being successful in a distributed team environment, with go-to techniques for communicating progress and keeping others in the loop on your work
Provide UX strategy and vision
- You'll partner closely with product management and engineering leads to establish goals for your team
- You'll define a longer term design vision and deliver in an iterative way
- You have the ability to break complex concepts into smaller, more manageable components
Influence decision making
- You have strong communication skills with a track record of influencing
- You have the ability to articulate design decisions and ask tough questions to help surface and challenge assumptions
- You have examples of clear design opinions and the ability to absorb new information and take a strong point of view
- You possess the ability to prioritize and translate competing requests into an action plan
- You can build lasting relationships across the organization, including cross-product design teams, engineering, product management, and the broader business
- You have experience using data to drive product or design decisions
Ensure quality through a solid design process
- You own responsibility for balancing speed, quality and consistency of design
- You have a good toolbox of methods and honed instincts on when to deploy different techniques
- You have experience in ambiguous problem spaces. Strong exploration skills produce complementary product and experience visions and then refine to working software
- You can deliver solutions on a fidelity spectrum from rough sketches to user flows, wireframes, and polished UI designs
- You're familiar with the value of low-fidelity concepts and doing "just enough" artifact creation to communicate to the team, then rapidly evaluating and refining ideas
Demonstrate a growth mindset
- You're skilled at giving and receiving feedback with the goal of becoming better at what you do and helping the people around you become more successful
- You can show strong examples of seeking feedback, adjusting behavior, or adapting to something new or different.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers' needs at any stage of growth. We're also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.