Teachable ⟩ Product Designer - Contract
remote New York, NY 2 weeks ago
As a Contract Product Designer at Teachable, you will be responsible for collaborating with Design, Engineering, and Product to ship an extraordinary product that is used by tens of thousands of creators and millions of students. You will build new end to end experiences that drive innovative solutions and elevate our product experience, and improve existing design systems, workflows, wireframes, mockups, and documentation for key features.
- You'll work closely with your Design peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our creators as they move across different platforms and tasks and play a key role in designing processes and guidelines.
- You'll create end-to-end experiences: user flows, low and high-fidelity wireframes, comps, prototypes to test with our users (know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes), visual designs
- In partnership with Product Managers, you will identify user research needs, competitor products and trends, and best practices through investigative research and usability tests that take our product to the next level as an industry leader.
- You'll also play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards, presenting, articulating, and defending recommendations.
- You will run project timelines, and communicate updates to company leaders across functions.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment.
- You love design -- the process, conversation, big ideas, mediums, tools, and possibilities -- and are guided by an insatiable curiosity and the desire to create great experiences. You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You understand the people at the center of our brand and prioritize their experience over all else, and know how to sell design and advocate for great design practices on a company level to a variety of stakeholders.
- You are a collaborative team player who's also capable of working independently.
- You are active in the design community and network with others in and outside of the company. You've used your background and skills to shape the design process and move a design organization forward in some way. You have been responsible for programs and initiatives that contributed to building design culture in the org: design critiques, teaching design, building design process etc.
At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income. Our focus is on driving value for the creators that depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we're building an amazing platform and team to support them.