commercetools ⟩ UI/UX Designer
Our UX/UI design team is looking for a new team member able to own and drive the entire design process autonomously: from research to visual interface design. You will work to help shape our enterprise software for ecommerce within the respective domain in an agile and cross-functional team including a Product Manager, Backend and Frontend Engineers.
If you want to join, and learn from, a skilled UI/UX design team collaborating in an open and supportive environment, send us your application and a link to your latest portfolio or attach samples to showcase your work.
- Be the representative of our users within a cross-functional team, where you collaborate and align efforts with Product Managers, Engineers, Localization Managers and Test Automation Engineers
- Plan and conduct user research studies (workshops, interviews, surveys or usability testing sessions), defining research objectives and documenting those
- Create personas, user flows, wireframes, sketches and/or prototypes to communicate your design proposals with the team
- By applying our design system, design and create pixel-perfect User Interfaces, including understandable UX writing, that guides our users while keeping consistency across our platform
- Responsible for sharing and documenting the features you help build, describing both the User Experience and User Interface of those and communicating detailed interaction behavior with the product team
- Overall "translate" complex user scenarios into intuitive high-quality User Interfaces for our enterprise software for merchants
- Ensure your design deliverables are implemented and displayed correctly before making them available to our users by conducting thorough reviews
- Remotely represent the UX/UI European team
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in enterprise software design or any other SaaS application, specially for eCommerce, is a big plus
- Experience working with or designing a design system
- Experience in analyzing or understanding data analytics
- UX writing skills
- Degree in Design, Interactive Media, HCI, any User Experience related studies or applicable professional experience
- 3+ years of experience applying User Experience design methods and techniques and designing high-end User Interfaces
- Qualified understanding in conducting user research and flexibility in applying User Experience processes that encompasses all aspects of the User Experience cycle
- Strong skills at converting the user needs to visual interfaces, applying our design system and patterns
- Proficiency in UI design and prototype tools such as Sketch and Axure
- Very good verbal and written communication skills as you'll need to be able to articulate your design decisions to product managers, developers and test automation engineers, and align and share your ideas with the rest of the UX/UI design team remotely
- Great team player who can also work independently by organizing and prioritizing the workload. Coordinate and communicate with remote teams in different time zones
By giving our customers and partners, some of which are Fortune Global 500 companies across all industries, the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true cloud, and headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Founded in Germany in 2010, our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward.