Foolproof ⟩ Designer
The role at a glance
As an exceptional practitioner in the field of experience design you will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients. You will be an instrumental part of conceptualising and delivering iterative customer centred design projects to clients.
You will work alongside leaders in the experience design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- You follow the briefing and direction of design and creative thinking on the projects you are involved in, closely following the direction set by the project's Creative Lead.
- Present creative design thinking to clients and guide them through iterative customer-centred design processes under the guidance of Project Leads.
- Demonstrate the use of research insights to deliver design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business, and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail.
- Articulate design decisions to working teams and clients.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
- Strong in the craft of visual design, able to work independently and produce quality work
- Embody Foolproof's design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Support the planning and scoping of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the Programme Management team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the sales team by identifying business opportunities, working on pitches and generating suggestions for prospective work.
As a Foolproofer
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Aside from contributing to Foolproof's blog, social channels and white papers, you are encouraged to attend and speak at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively to improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Uphold the company's values at all times.
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Confident in putting forth design concepts and ideas.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Good time management.
- A specialist of great depth or generalist across a breadth of skills and disciplines.
- A solid grounding in graphic design.
- A minimum of two years creating information design, interaction design and UI solutions for high profile digital products or services.
- Expert in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision).
- A good understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design, front-end development teams and/or product teams.
- Experience of interpreting evaluative research as a way of validating and improving your design solutions.
- Recognised degree-level qualifications in graphic, experience or digital design, and HCI.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 20 days holiday which increases to 25 days with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.