Praxent ⟩ Senior UX/UI Designer
Praxent is a digital product agency that designs and builds software for financial service companies. Through our work, we help people prepare for retirement, apply for small business loans, create financial plans, make and share smart investments, and a whole lot more.
As we grow, one of our biggest challenges (that we need your help with) is leading the design on a variety of projects. Our design engagements are often our client's first experience with us, and we need to set the bar high. Your work requires the right blend of design strategy, planning, stakeholder partnership, peer mentorship, passion for finance/fintech, and of course top-notch UX and UI design.
Your day to day
As a senior product designer, you’ll be leading two to three projects at a time. You’ll be responsible for creating and facilitating design thinking workshops with clients, analyzing business requirements, creating primary UX artifacts (maps, flows, wireframes), creating the design for the user interfaces, and stitching it all together in a prototype. A typical project team includes a senior product designer (you), a product designer, a project manager, and an account manager. You’ll work closely with your team and with engineers to deliver great design each week, and to ensure technical feasibility so that our clients and their customers have a stellar experience with us and our products.
What you’ll love about us
You’ll get to work with some of the most talented and caring people in the industry. You’ll meet with the design director and design team weekly to share work, discuss challenges, get and give critique, and level up your craft. In terms of benefits, we offer competitive salaries along with the following:
- Stability. We’ve been in business for over 20 years.
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40-hour workweek.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as wellness days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 5 wellness days, and a closed office the last week of the year. Employees earn more PTO each year.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent provides paid parental leave.
So what’s the next step?
The interview process is 4 steps:
1) Submit your resume, portfolio, and answer the question: "Tell us about the project you're most proud of that you led for a client."
2) A 20-30 minute phone interview–Let's talk more about the project you're most proud of.
3) A portfolio review—Present your best project(s) that you've led for clients. We want all the details.
4) A focused interview—Share stories of your past work and how you approach design.
Hello, we're Praxent.
We know you want to be seen as both a savvy and pragmatic innovation leader, but let's face it, your company's current software applications don't reflect that image. They're getting older by the day, even as it seems like your competition is getting younger.
Over the past 20 years, we've successfully delivered over 300 software transformations and helped hundreds of businesses provide a more modern, intuitive digital experience to their customers.
We love every part of what we do, but we're most passionate about partnering with financial services brands to achieve real business results that help them remain relevant and compete with confidence.
We can't wait to meet you.