Proximie ⟩ Mid-Senior UX Designer
London, UK 2 weeks ago
- Conduct core UX initiatives such as workshops, usability testing, competitor audits, cultural probes, heuristic evaluations, task and workflow analysis, field studies, card sorting, etc. to inform your design decisions.
- Collaborate across all aspects of design to identify key user flows to serve as input to wireframes and testing with low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Work with the engineering team to ensure that features and flows are implemented to deliver the best customer experience and drive consistency.
- Participate in design reviews presenting the various stages of design to key stakeholders.
- Operate as part of a cross-functional team within an Agile environment.
- Validate your solutions against customer needs while communicating with engineering to make sure they are technically feasible.
- Drive efficiency throughout every stage of the design pipeline.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other contributors to align the design vision to business goals.
- Be a key representative of Proximie Design and a champion for the value that design can add to meeting business goals
- Continually develop your skills and tooling to be at the forefront of User Experience design.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial / Product Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Behavioural Psychology, or related field.
- Experience working within an Agile process environment.
- A portfolio of UX design work that clearly shows experience with core job responsibilities and demonstrates your design thinking and process, which led to the final solution. Experience in presenting findings in a concise and clear manner.
- 4+ years of UX experience.
Nice to Have
- Experience designing digital health, health tech, medical device, or digital surgery products.
- Experience designing for mixed reality and 3D.
- Knowledge of data privacy laws (especially GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act)).
- Understanding the software development lifecycle from a non-coding point of view. Experience with data and analytics.
- Personal Attributes
- Creative self-starter who can plan and prioritise independently
- A flexible individual with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and often demanding startup environment.
- Friendly and trustworthy with the ability to build strong relationships with work colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when interacting across departments, seniority levels, and external partners.
- A person who promotes teamwork across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well organised and pragmatic.
- Motivated by making a positive impact through their work.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual bonus.
- Brand new Macbook and other goodies on arrival.
- 25 days paid leave.
- Full private medical cover.
- Great company mission.
- Fast-growing, well-funded Series B company.
- Central London Location near Oxford Circus.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Great company culture.
- Monthly company social events.
- Job satisfaction, seeing your work make a positive impact globally and especially in developing countries.
- Premium baklava fresh from Lebanon on a frequent basis as supplied by our Lebanese CEO - she loves this stuff!
We are Proximie, a fast growing medical technology company focussed on connecting surgeons virtually in real-time using the latest technology. The design department embraces a fun and creative approach to the seriousness of helping surgeons save lives. Together, we are evolving the surgical landscape and transforming the way in which surgeons prepare, perform and perfect their surgical skills. It's a super exciting design space incorporating artificial intelligence / machine learning, augmented reality and other cutting edge technologies. The company was founded in 2016 and currently operates out of three main hubs (UK, US and Middle East) with customers across the globe, from Australia to Peru, Japan to Kenya. Proximie recently cleared a remarkably successful series B funding round, and as a result, the company is growing very fast. We are already over 100 individuals and are scaling the design team to meet the demand of our new product lines. This role is based in central London. You will be encouraged to work remotely in the immediate term, then from 1 to 3 days in the office, once working patterns have been confirmed for the company.