NI ⟩ Senior UX Researcher
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct user research for complex desktop and web software.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering to develop research plans, conduct research, synthesize and communicate results and insights.
- Navigate complex, cross-functional organizations--sometimes with competing priorities and perspectives--while building relationships and engaging with stakeholders and colleagues across functions, levels, and geographies.
- Identify the best research approaches based on research questions, timing, and resources.
- Be responsible for running and ensuring quality of user research in your area of focus.
- Translate complex, ambiguous questions into concrete research plans and action.
- Provide an unbiased perspective into qualitative and quantitative data to help guide decisions and next steps.
- Understand stakeholder research needs and identify the right research methodologies.
- Understand organizational strategy and objectives.
- Identify unmet research opportunities that can add value and know how to execute them given business needs and project constraints.
- Evangelize and promote UX research internally.
- 5+ years professional UX research experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a related discipline--for example, Human Factors/HCI, Information Design, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of and experience with a wide range of user research methods and best practices.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods such as interviews, concept and usability testing, contextual inquiry, diary studies, surveys, card sorting, competitive benchmarking, etc.
- Experience with moderated and unmoderated research.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in an agile software development environment, prioritizing competing needs and effectively navigating ambiguity.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-orientated, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Strong user research ethical and privacy processes and practices.
- Excellent observation, communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
NOTE: National Instruments does not petition for H-1B (H1-B transfer) and TN status for this position.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Previous experience with scientific, technical, or engineering products.
- Establishing/managing product baseline measurement systems.
- Experience with web analytics.
- Conducting research for design systems.
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to create a path to success.
The people: We're looking for curious and creative problem solvers who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and willing to take chances.
The ideas: What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to make their visions a reality.
The technology: With our tailored, software-connected approach, we support our customers through all phases of the product development cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer Ambitiously every day.
We've long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another to build innovative solutions.