Phase2 ⟩ Senior UX Strategist / Designer
Phase2 is a digital product agency passionate about customer experience, grounded in data and insights, and rooted in 20 years of successful technology delivery. We make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact. For the most influential companies in the world, Phase2 is a proven partner, guiding our clients toward what's next in the digital landscape.
Are you ready to put your curiosity, imagination and ideas to work?
Phase2 is looking for a Senior User Experience Strategist / Designer to join our rapidly expanding UX Practice. As a Senior User Experience Strategist / Designer, you will help define and drive the future of Phase2 design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex business ecosystems, lead client user experience initiatives to deliver quality solutions, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what's possible.
You are a creative thinker with significant experience leveraging human-centered design methodologies to create compelling and valuable digital experiences. You'll perform under pressure, act with professionalism and maturity, and seamlessly manage multiple initiatives while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
In this role, you'll work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, including designers, strategists, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders, to practice human-centered product design. You will advocate for the user, leveraging research, observation, data, and best practices to inform innovative new opportunities while thinking holistically about the impact of your work on both the customer and the business. This candidate must employ an entrepreneurial approach as an individual contributor and lead client engagements to deliver meaningful results.
- Deliver creative, strategic, detailed solutions that sit at the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering;
- Own UX design throughout the lifecycle of a project, from engagement design to the initial brief to ongoing consultation through implementation/launch;
- Ability to take a leadership role on projects and teams, including delegating tasks and collaborating with team members with other skillsets;
- Define the product strategy by employing UCD theory to define client goals, problems, opportunities and recommend a product design solution;
- Identify and create the best UX approach for a given project, from research and discovery activities to uncover user-center insights, to flow diagrams and prototypes that define a complex user flow, to detailed wireframes that define the information and interaction design;
- Design and recommend engagement research approach and activities, from stakeholder interviews to contextual inquiry, from analytics analysis to user testing, all based in with sound methodology;
- Possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design;
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach;
- Work hand-in-hand with the Director of User Experience to help define and grow the User Experience Practice and to further Phase2 as an industry-leading digital experience agency;
- Collaborate with Phase2 engagement teams and new business to craft, scope, and pitch new client engagements;
- Provide thought leadership on UX trends and best practices by writing blogs, leading webinars, speaking at conferences, and being involved in the community.
- 5+ years of UX/Product design experience;
- 3 years of experience in managing or leading digital product design teams;
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications ranging from substantial content to complex workflows;
- In-depth experience delivering UX activities and artifacts including quantitative and qualitative research, design thinking workshops, task and gap analyses, UX writing, feature/functionality matrices, personas, user journeys, usability evaluation, site architecture, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes, user-requirements documents;
- A passion for design that is simple, elegant, and focused on delivering creative, strategic, detailed solutions that always ladder back to user goals and business opportunities;
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization;
- Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling, and analytical skills;
- Knowledge and background in designing for 508 compliance and WCAG;
- Experience with and/or desire to work with distributed clients and/or project teams.
- Client-facing consulting experience;
- Experience working in an agile environment;
- Participation and/or thought leadership in the UX community;
- Experience planning and facilitating working sessions with clients and project teams.
Phase2 has an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a remote-first company, we're able to compete for the best talent, no matter where they live. Our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 140 employees in our Arlington, Virginia, New York, New York, Portland, Oregon, and "everywhere" offices.
We are dedicated to creating an environment of openness and engagement. Each member of our workforce can bring the fullest expression of themselves to work every day to best serve one another and our clients. We commit to keeping our workplace free from discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify.