PTC ⟩ Senior Product Designer
You'll work across the entire design stack, producing design at various levels of fidelity for each stage of the product development process. From early research and discovery, quick concept sketches, wireframes, and flows, to pixel-perfect mockups and production-ready visual assets. We're looking for someone with a strong foundation in interaction design, who also cares about and can execute on the polish and craft of visual design.
- Contribute to high-level product strategy and requirements in collaboration with product managers, engineers, and designers.
- Make product discussions more concrete and effective by representing users, crafting narratives around the product and new features, and providing tangible concept sketches, low-fidelity wireframes, and flows, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Define interaction, behavior, and flows for web and mobile applications.
- Create and rapidly iterate on design mock-ups, prototypes, specs, and production visual assets such as graphics and icons.
- Keep on top of what's new in technology and design, experimenting with how to apply new technologies and interaction patterns.
- Contribute to the creative energy of our team. Bring not only your design expertise but also your unique perspective that helps us see the world differently and inspire us to be better at what we do.
- 4+ years of professional product design experience with well-rounded expertise in product/interaction design, visual design, and prototyping.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your interaction & visual design skills, showcasing your ability to collaborate with others and clearly define the problems you were solving.
- A strong grasp of design patterns and practices for modern Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) web applications and mobile platforms (iOS/Android).
- Ability to influence cross-functional peers in design, engineering, and product management, build consensus, bring clarity and move forward where ambiguity exists.
- Strong ability to articulate and document your design decisions, and consider feedback from users, product managers, engineers, and other designers.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish.
- Adept with tools like Figma (preferred) or Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Prototyping experience - quick click-throughs and rich interactive prototyping with tools like Origami, ProtoPie, Framer, etc. when the need arises.
- Comfortable with contributing to and extending a design system.
- Obsess over the functional and visual elements of UI patterns, as well as their behavior, constraints, and rules.
- A degree in design, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Bonus skills: Experience designing for Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and 3D software tools like Maya, Blender, Unity, etc.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are building the world's best remote assistance collaboration software aimed at industrial enterprises, powered by our industry-leading Augmented Reality technology as one important ingredient. Our focus is on empowering front-line workers on the shop floor or in the field, as well as the remote experts that support them, and ultimately transforming how industrial companies work in the process.
ABOUT PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC helps companies around the world reinvent the way they design, manufacture, operate, and service things in and for a smart, connected world. With PTC, manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the Internet of Things and augmented reality technology today and drive the future of innovation.