Healio ⟩ User Experience Designer
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
Healio.com is an online website that offers enhanced user experience aimed at providing specialty healthcare professionals with highly personalized news and education tailored to fit their daily practice of medicine.
Healio is seeking a talented UX professional to join our team to work to improve the user experience across the website and various new product offerings. The UX professional will collaborate with internal teams to help design solutions for the end customers that meet business objectives. Candidates should have varied knowledge that includes being able to take concepts from stakeholder interviews and apply user research to design processes (sitemaps, wireframes, functional specs through high-fidelity designed prototypes) to help create the best user-centered products. This role will work with our UX leader, developers' and product managers to deliver products in a timely and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the UX process, possess flexibility, and be used to working on multiple products with a proven approach to creating user-centered products.
- Work with UX and internal stakeholders to create the best usable product offerings for customers, using the right interaction models and have ability to evaluate success
- Work on different phases of the project where you will need to create and document workflows, and user flows, create wireframes, and build the user interfaces around customer needs and business objectives to shape the product before build.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems, while following UX norms.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers & product team
- Assist in usability testing and gathering feedback
- Keep abreast of competitor products, industry, and UX trends
- A strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies and principles required to help drive forth the right usability solutions for products
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present work and findings to the development team while possessing the ability to convince, disagree, and explain rational and tradeoffs on design decisions.
- Ability to understand and refine strategies and identify solutions that meets both product objectives and user goals
- Validate designs with customers and stakeholders in order to drive iterative improvements.
- Ability to sketch and design mock-ups, functional wireframes, product/site architecture, page flows, screen layouts following user-centered design processes.
- Discerning attention to detail with excellent critical thinking, logic, and analytical skills
- Perpetually driven to sharpen and broaden skills through ongoing education and research
- 2-5 years experience as a practicing UX professional for software, website, or mobile applications position (this is not a visual design position)
- Ability to use UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, UXPin, Balsamiq, Justinmind, or OmniGraffle to create wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of design system theory and execution