Alibaba.com ⟩ UX Designer - Supply Chain
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our cross-functional B2B ecommerce team.
Your core responsibility will be to understand Alibaba.com's diverse user base and apply that knowledge to the design of new products and services. You'll be a key part of the team, working directly with senior leaders on core Alibaba B2B initiatives and products.
You're an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can quickly adapt in a dynamic work environment. You're comfortable generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. Through it all, you keep an open analytical mind and are always the user's strongest advocate.
● Collaborate closely with the UX research team to conduct research studies by utilizing methods (qualitative & quantitative) that generate meaningful insights
● Generate and prioritize evidence-based recommendations for how to drive continuous, measurable improvement in the product
● Develop and communicate UX direction through compelling deliverables - journey maps, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, etc. - throughout the project lifecycle
● Build consensus across key business units and stakeholders, aligning user insights with business objectives
● Communicate complex ideas, goals and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project
● A consistent track record and portfolio of experience design that brings clarity to large, complex systems
● Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years experience as a UX Designer, Design Strategist, UX Researcher, or related role
● Background in an applied research setting, executing qualitative (survey and interview design) and qualitative research (data analysis' factor, clustering, etc.) OR 3-5 years in a product role that involves directly speaking with customers on a continual basis
● A proactive, ambitious mindset that chases measurable goals, determination to persevere through failures, and confidence to allow your team to make mistakes
● A commitment to collaboration and trust, including engaging in conversations that challenge your opinions
● Ability to travel roughly 4-6 times per year for face-to-face meetings and presentations, including a valid passport and visa eligibility (we'll handle the paperwork for your visa, but you must be eligible for travel to China)
Nice to Have
● Knowledge of supply chain technology such as transportation, warehousing and order management, especially in an international context
● Experience working in a start-up or B2B software environment
● Ability to speak and read Mandarin
- Alibaba.com, the original business within Alibaba Group, is the largest B2B marketplace in the world -- It connects 60 million buyers and suppliers in 190 countries and regions across 40 major product categories, and it's one of the world's top 3 most-visited business websites
- Our NYC-based team is rapidly globalizing Alibaba.com, growing it for and among global customers (with an initial emphasis on North American customers), and leading it to triple-digit growth
- We are expanding our products and services to help small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) operate more efficiently, grow more rapidly, and empower their local communities
- Our team is diverse, collaborative, bold, and innovating in a $23.9 trillion global B2B market.