Danaher Corporation ⟩ Hardware UX Designer
This is an exciting time as we are in the process of building a UX Team at Sciex. Be the first person to hold a full-time UX Designer role at Sciex, and have a big say in how UX is done at our company.
You will be part of a small team, including two UX Researchers, as well as an existing UX Architect. While the goal is to look at the system holistically, this role will have a specific view to address hardware usability issues as well as collaborate on the Industrial Design of our products.
Over the first year, you can expect to work on the following:
- Create low & high-fidelity design prototypes to drive build-test- learn cycles, and recommend changes to the design team from a UX perspective, while considering quality, budget, and schedule constraints.
- Help determine the strategy to develop our UX competency within and outside the newly created team.
- Participate in design reviews to advocate as "voice of user", ensuring consistent application of user facing details between products, and calling out significant issues that are not or cannot be addressed.
- Drive Usability failure mode identification and analysis
- Facilitate UX events with multi-functional teams including product management, service, designers and developers, to map out task flows, and extract User complaints & opportunities
- Bring us your examples of how you helped design products at other organizations, overcome the major hurdles, and helped design teams understand the value of considering UX in their work.
- Show us your understanding of industrial design principles including user interfaces, brand expression, material limitations, and manufacturing processes.
- Have some proficiency in Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma or similar, and proficiency or understanding of prototyping tools like InVision, Zeplin or similar
- Our R&D is primarily located in Concord, Ontario (Canada), and most of the time would be spent on-site working with the development teams. There is the possibility for this to be up to 25% remote however to allow time to work independently, or travel to meet with Customers.
- It would be beneficial to have a Life Sciences industry experience, so we know you can ramp up more quickly in a familiar environment.
- It is also a big asset if you had experience working with complex systems, involving multi-functional teams (hardware, software, service, product management, documentation, etc.)
About Danaher Corporation
As a global leader in mass spectrometry, SCIEX delivers solutions for precision detection and quantification of molecules to help protect and advance the wellness and safety of all. Because of our 50 years of groundbreaking innovation, our customers can quickly respond to environmental hazards, better understand biomarkers relevant to disease, improve patient care in the clinic, bring relevant drugs to market faster, and keep food healthier and safer. At SCIEX, you'll find a rewarding role that amplifies your impact on the world and helps you realize life's potential.
SCIEX is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.