Newcross Healthcare ⟩ UX/UI Designer
You'll be a key member of a small agile team where you can make a real impact, with a focus on improving the user experience across a variety of products. You'll come from a strong UI background and will be responsible for evolving the visual design of our products whilst dealing with different stakeholders within the business to gain a better understanding of their needs. Working closely with the Head of Platform and our development team, you'll help to conceive, build and iterate on a range of exciting projects.
What the team are working on now:
- We're building a modern digital platform where data is key
- We're talking directly to users to understand their pain-points
- We're using analytics to identify opportunities for the business to grow
- We're designing and building mobile apps, tablet apps and web apps
- We're using a range of new tools and technologies
- We're creating systems to ensure consistency and to ensure we can move quickly as we grow
What you'll be doing:
- Conducting user research to better understand obstacles and opportunities for improvement
- Taking complicated user flows and simplifying them down to their essence
- Working with various stakeholders around the business to identify challenges and conceive of novel process improvements
- Creating prototypes to communicate solutions to stakeholders across the business
- Thinking in terms of design systems, it's a large product and we value rational design decisions
- Polishing visual designs and collaborating with developers to ensure they're implemented correctly
- Context switching between high-level product strategy and low-level design details
What we'd like to see:
- Someone with strong visual design capabilities, with good grounding in typography, colour and layout
- Experience with software like Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch etc.
- Someone who asks lots of questions, likes to understand 'why' and is not afraid to put their ideas forward
- Experience within a team environment and able to bounce ideas in a group setting
- Someone who is confident with their tools and can construct & maintain a design system
- Someone who can talk through previous projects and examples of their work, communicating not only the 'what' but the 'why'. We want to see evidence of your reasoning and thought processes, this is just as important as those pixel perfect comps.
About Newcross Healthcare
Our goal is to achieve exponential growth and become the World's largest Nurse Resource Platform, we have the strategic vision to challenge common convention and actively disrupt our business in pursuit of this. Our best-in-class technology will be a key component of our transformative journey taking us to the pinnacle of our industry.