Watermark Insights ⟩ Senior Product Designer, Design System
As Senior Product Designer, you are an integral part of our product team, tackling complex problems through the practice of human-centered design. Designers work to identify and account for the often conflicting needs of diverse user groups within higher education, embracing the challenges of product innovation.
We're looking for designers who provide frequent and clear communication, possess a self-driven work ethic, and thrive in a collaborative environment where your teammates' critiques are essential to your iterative process.
From conception to launch, you'll contribute to and take ownership of design guidelines and work closely with other product designers to ensure a useful and unified design system. As a senior member of the Product Design team, you'll also help with continuously improving our design practices and culture.
How you'll lead:
- Collaborate with other designers, front-end architects, design system developers, and product managers to develop and execute strategy, goals, and roadmap for the Watermark design system.
- Act as a product owner for the Watermark design system, guiding a cross-functional team towards design system product goals.
- Ensure we have up-to-date and clear pattern libraries; review and approve new patterns, make overarching design decisions that enable the design team.
- Collaborate with product designers and product managers to plan for increasing Watermark Design System maturity within the Watermark suite.
- Design, document, communicate, and advocate for component behaviors and design guidelines to coach designers, developers, and product managers on how to apply the design system to their respective products.
- Work with Marketing to ensure consistency in brand look and feel in the Design System.
- Establish metrics to measure the success of the Design System, collect and summarize data points, and follow up on insights gained.
- Coach product design team members on use cases and new design system patterns, conduct quarterly reviews to assess contributions from the product design team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in HCI, Human Factors, Design, or a related discipline or 6+ years equivalent practical experience
- 5 years working in a UX, IxD, product design, or closely related role
- Proficiency in exploratory research and usability studies; Ability to synthesize behavioral information into actionable insights
- Excellent conceptualization and visual communication skills; Ability to distill abstract concepts into concrete design implications
- Mastery in information architecture, multi-step flows, and interaction design.
- Mastery of visual design principles
- Ability to produce high-fidelity interface designs using modern design tools
- Experience working within a design system, pattern library, or style guide
- Proficiency in designing fully-responsive web applications and familiarity with browser technologies, including HTML, CSS and other modern front-end languages
- Demonstrated understanding of web accessibility, and how to design accessible applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in an Agile environment
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Located either in the CST or EST time zones
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Family Bonding Leave
- Sick Leave
- Professional development reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement through UHC
- Health insurance plans
- HSA/FSA (Dependent Care FSA )
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Short term disability
- 401 K with company matching
- Calm subscription
- Employee referrals incentive
- Affinity Groups
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.