Serve Robotics ⟩ Senior UX Designer
As a growing robotics delivery company, we're in need of a UX designer with visual and interaction design skills.
- Fleet management design: Produce wireframes and high-fidelity designs for efficient and sustainable multi-robot supervision. Get to really know the Fleet Operations team, uncover their needs, and test your designs with them. Work with the Lead Product Designer who will set the UX direction for fleet management. Partner with Web Frontend Engineering on implementation.
- User interaction with Serve: Screens, lights, and sounds. Collaborate with Operations to observe merchant, customer, and public interactions with the robot. Take feedback from partner customer service channels. Improve and update interaction with Serve itself. Make it clear and engaging!
- Create visualizations to bring Serve to life for potential partners. Design and produce custom assets once the partnerships are underway.
- Bring the sizzle. We're Serve Robotics' in-house design experts, so when the company needs to look good for investors or the public, you'll help make it happen. This includes visual design, animation design, website materials, and occasionally video production and effects editing. You'll keep Serve fun, artistic, delightful, and on-brand. You may be working with external agencies to achieve this.
- Get hands-on and make things. Is there a way to quickly rig some software or hardware prototype? Even if you've never used a digital tool, 3D printer, foam board, or LED array before, help us figure it out!
- A portfolio showcasing your visual design skills in a variety of media, plus the skill to tell the story about how you arrived at your solutions
- A breadth of interaction design skills, including not just polished UI design but also fundamentals of user research, requirements analysis, prototyping, and testing
- The ability to write clearly and build working relationships cross-functionally
- An ability to quickly create proof-of-concept designs to test potential approaches and help the team make decisions
- Experience with browser-based UX design
- Fluency with industry-standard design and research tools. The UX team works in Figma; other illustration, motion graphics, and video editing tools are also needed for this role.
- 5+ years in a UX or Product Designer role.
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, robots, or drones
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Experience with games or other complex real-time UIs
- Hands-on experience with hardware and physical prototyping
More about us
See Serve in action
Serve at TED 2020 main stage
About Serve Robotics
At Serve Robotics, we're reimagining how things move in cities. Our personable sidewalk delivery robot, Serve, is our vision for the future. It's designed to take deliveries off congested streets, make deliveries available to more people, and benefit local businesses. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
The Serve fleet has been delighting merchants, customers, and pedestrians along the way in Los Angeles while fulfilling commercial deliveries. We're looking for talented individuals who will grow robotic deliveries from surprising novelty to efficient ubiquity.
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware, and design who are pooling our skills to build the future we want to live in. We are solving real-world problems by leveraging robotics, machine learning and computer vision, among other disciplines, with an eye toward the end-to-end user experience. Our team is agile, diverse and driven. We believe that the best way to solve complicated, dynamic problems is collaboratively and respectfully.