Vista ⟩ Lead UX Motion Designer, Design Systems
Who We Are:
Vista's Experience Design team is a cross-disciplinary experience design, research, and content team responsible for crafting experiences that help our customers define their creative message and publish it anywhere. We simplify the complex, instill confidence, trust, and pride, and inspire possibilities to help every business bring their unique vision to life through the power of great design.
We are looking for a Product Designer, Design Systems to join our newly formed design systems team with a focus on motion design and animation.
What You Will Do:
- Help design and evolve our system with a unified motion design guideline and animations, visual language, clear and communicable guidelines, a UX-led perspective, and accessibility at its core
- Collaborate closely with UX and product designers, engineers, brand designers, and product stakeholders to clarify opportunities, requirements, and constraints
- Design and test components, patterns, templates, and prototypes that enable designers and engineers to work more efficiently while creating cohesive and high-quality user experiences
- Build and maintain a well-organized and comprehensive Figma UI kit
- Be an ambassador of the new design system and help build awareness and drive adoption
- Document UX and design guidelines and actively demonstrate how to design and build with our design system
- Extend our brand design system to support creative, marketing, and product experiences
- Participate in user research and usability testing
- Incorporate voice and tone and UX writing principles and standards
At Vista, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. Please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications, we look forward to learning more about you!
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and implementing digital products
- 2+ years contributing to a large-scale design systems team
- A coherent portfolio that demonstrates a range of UX, product design, and design system skills
- Excellent visual and typographic sensibility
- Experience designing WCAG-compliant and accessible interfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Figma and prototyping tools, experience with semantic HTML and CSS (experience with React is a big plus)
- Able to develop strong and effective working relationships with designers, developers, and adjacent teams
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on multi-brand and multi-product design systems
- Designer/developer hybrid, frontend development experience
- Motion design and animation skills
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vista means that you don't see work as just a building, a desk, or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey - and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what's next, we're always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we're capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vista has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the U.S. and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vistaprint's CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably's Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees. Vistaprint offers numerous support systems including Employee Resource Groups like Pride, Mosaic, and Women in Technology, and special interests communities to foster awareness, respect, and inclusion within the workplace.
In 2021, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy, and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so or believe in office working will deliver the best results. Currently, we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US states as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites, and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online, and on the go.