Vista ⟩ Senior Design Producer (UX)
Who We Are:
Vista is in the midst of an ambitious transformation to become the expert design and marketing partner for small businesses. Vista's Experience Design team creates customer experiences that deliver on this promise. We imagine the future, make the possibilities real, instill confidence and pride, and inspire small businesses to bring their unique visions to life.
What we value:
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Delivering unparalleled value and benefit to our customers while delivering on business goals
- Thinking about to entire customer journey - across every touch point
- Being curious and thinking broadly about the possibilities before narrowing on a solution
- Being data-inspired and running smart experiments
- Being creatively bold
Our UX design operations team is seeking a Sr. Design Producer, who is customer-obsessed and passionate about the design process. You should be comfortable with change, embrace the opportunity to wear many hats, and relish the chance to solve hard problems in short order. This role will support the Sr. Manager of Design Operations driving improvements to team efficiency and innovation in design processes across a complex organization.
What you'll do:
- You will work closely with our design team (focused on design, brand, marketing, content, and research) to drive project planning, prioritization, and roadmap development to deliver new features and experiences for our customers and operators.
- Lead design delivery by managing team backlogs and removing obstacles, coordinating reviews with stakeholders and leadership, communicating team status, and empowering designers to own their timelines
- Implement repeatable processes having design ops tools in place that help us prioritize, plan and manage multiple parallel projects across the team and our stakeholders.
- Define, develop and advocate for the user-centered design processes and methodologies. Standardize, socialize and continuously improve execution of them across the full product design process - including generative discovery research, design concepts, usability studies, piloting, post-launch evaluation and iteration.
- Drive processes for onboarding and managing key vendors to enable the team to scale dynamically based on design and product requirements.
- Enable creative solutions by leveraging design acumen, high judgement, and knowledge of business and customer experience best practices.
- Develop and communicate an operational and strategic vision to support design and creative delivery by leveraging expertise in planning, facilitation, and communication to drive strategic initiatives, roadmap definition, and shared goals within and outside of the team.
- Actively participate in efforts with partner teams across the organization and improve collaboration.
- Steer forward paths for how we manage DesignOps through implementation and adoption within the team. Help build successful teams by mentoring, coaching, and elevating others.
- Manage strategic programs that improve ways of working and increase Design team's efficiency, influence, and productivity (ie. recruitment, learning and development), onboarding, tools, community & culture building)
- 5+ years of professional experience as a design program manager, project manager, or producer.
- Experience driving user-centered or design thinking design processes.
- Background working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with designers, product managers, researcher and developers.
- Experience in managing the operations of creative teams
- Ability to effectively manage cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks.
- Experience driving the scaling of product design for both creative quality and product effectiveness/engagement.
- Passion for user experience, creative direction, and program impact
- Experience bringing cross functional partners together, anticipating and making trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Nice to have:
- Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
- Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data and delivering continuous business improvements
- Experience with a/b testing
- Experience understanding needs of business and end customers and translating them into right solutions
- Background in creative, technology, research, any social science.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites, and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online, and on the go.