Macmillan Learning ⟩ Sr. UX Designer
remote Fully remote 2 weeks ago
Please submit your portfolio as a link or attachment for consideration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Discover and deeply understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Create customer personas and/or archetypes through user research and data.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Generate innovative ideas and new product opportunities for Macmillan's suite of learning tools.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability).
- Using insights from the research and design process, work continuously to develop a design strategy that differentiates our products in the market.
- Define interaction models and work to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes according to business and customer needs.
- Create prototypes to assist in the implementation of attractive designs.
- Effectively communicate design ideas and prototypes to engineers/developers.
- Prioritize effectively and work in a complex environment.
- Lead discovery efforts as a capable facilitator in idea generation sessions and other design thinking activities.
- Work with your design teammates to build and foster a design culture that positively impacts all of Macmillan Learning.
- Seek opportunities to coach and mentor your teammates.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, UX Strategist or similar role
- Experience demonstrating strong written and verbal communication with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work in a complex environment
- Successful experience as a team player who likes to collaborate toward a common goal
- Demonstrated experience as a design strategist across the entire product lifecycle, from research and discovery, to design, to delivery
- Experience facilitating cross-functional working sessions and/or workshops with peers and stakeholders
- Experience as an inspiring and influential design leader with a strong ability to empathize and collaborate with peers and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in human-centered design or a similar field preferred
- Experience building shared alignment across departments and teams
- Ability to distill complex problems into clean, intuitive design solutions
About Macmillan Learning
Macmillan Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.