Paperclip ⟩ Senior Product Designer
We are seeking a full-time, Senior Product Designer with strong visual design skills, bonus if you have experience in illustration, motion, or brand design. Reporting to the Lead Product Designer, you will work as part of a cross-functional product engineering team and occasionally support marketing, PR, and operations.
- Work closely with the lead designer to develop and expand the product, strengthen the platform, and help contribute to the design system
- Own designs from initial concept through design iteration, asset production, and product release
- Design new (and revise existing) experiences from concept to launch, including user flows, prototypes, or deliverables to aid in storytelling, and assets for Engineering for implementation
- Contribute to the visual and brand expression of the greater product and marketing materials
- Partner with the lead designer to conduct research; to generate and evaluate design opportunities, and test solutions using prototypes
- Work hand-in-hand with engineers and product team members to ensure feasibility and fidelity of implementation
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with designers and leadership
Who you are
- 4+ years of product design experience at a tech company or consultancy, ideally in a senior-level role
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Have experience designing business tools, operational tools, and/or dashboard-based products
- Knowledge of desktop and mobile best practices, developments, and web, mobile and iOS design trends
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Proven experience working through complex areas of a product, navigating around technical & business requirements
- Understand and leverage user research to create solid, evidence-based solutions
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in interface design, but also strong in UX thinking
- Bonus points if you also have specialized skills in creating key visual assists such as illustration, motion design, brand design, et cetera
Why join us
You'll be joining a team of experienced, multi-time founders, whose previous companies were backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, Thrive Capital, Softbank, and Y Combinator. We pay competitively and offer medical, dental, vision, and paid vacation. If you're passionate about fintech, solving hard problems, and tackling a massive, old-fashioned industry, we'd love to hear from you!
All Paperclip team members enjoy:
- Competitive salary and and startup equity
- 100% coverage of individual benefits and up to 50% of family benefits
- Long-term career growth and achievement opportunity
- $500 stipend to set up home office
- Unlimited PTO
- All federal holidays observed
- Healthy work environment, we believe healthy and caring for loved ones is essential to deliver your best work
- Annual company get together
Paperclip is an early-stage startup backed by Tiger Global, Amity Ventures, and BoxGroup that is creating the operating system that will power the next generation of technology startups.
At Paperclip, we understand that running a business requires more than building the right product and delighting your customers - you have to make money too. But for most founders, balancing the books, managing expenses, issuing invoices, and chasing late payments just isn't what they signed up for. Our solution is an enterprise data platform that extracts information from the SaaS apps you already use and automatically delivers it to where it's needed for finance, accounting, and operations.
For customers, that means no longer needing to process transactions by hand or stitch together data in spreadsheets. And importantly, it means no longer needing back-office employees. Instead, a unified platform allows customers to monitor, control, and optimize their profitability without manual effort.
Our clients are the future leaders of their industries, from software to biotech and everything in between. Working at Paperclip means amplifying the profound effects they'll have on our lives by profoundly improving theirs.