ResMed ⟩ Senior UX Designer
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You'll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Provide sketches, wireframes, user flow diagrams, scenarios, storyboards, sitemaps, and other design artifacts.
- Prototype and rapidly iterate semi-functional, lo- to mid-fidelity designs based on user research, acknowledging technical feasibility
- Plan, facilitate and participate in design workshops, including ideation sessions/design studios, design sprints
- Schedule and participate in design critiques and design reviews
- Work closely with Visual designers/UX researchers in a pair design environment, from ideation to implementation
- Work as part of a product team alongside product management and engineering to design products that meet user needs and are user-friendly
- Assist with research, usability tests, customer interviews, etc., develop success criteria, analyze results and provide recommendations
- Proactively engage and collaborate with product management, engineering, industrial designers, and copywriters to design, test and implement
- Develop user empathy and advocate for the user, incorporating an understanding of the user's behavior, attitudes, and emotions in designs
- Act as a UX evangelist and champion for the team
- Mentor/coach other designers
- Work with other senior designers and leads to ensure a holistic and cohesive user experience across the ecosystem
- Up to 10% travel
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let's talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum BA/BS in Product Design, HCI/Cognitive Science, Psychology, or related field
- Minimum 7 years' experience designing responsive web products in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative environment alongside engineering and product management
- Fluent in wireframing and prototyping tools (preferably Axure)
- Solid understanding of web principles (responsive grids, hierarchy, information architecture, navigation patterns, etc), user-centered design methodologies
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design methods with examples of artifacts for web and mobile products eg lofi sketches, wireframes, flow diagrams, scenario maps, storyboarding, journey maps, etc.
- Proven track record in delivering delightful and easy-to-use products and services based on user needs, using research to validate design decisions
- Experience planning and running design workshops and design sprints
- Effective problem-solver, communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Experience with planning, running and moderating user research studies a plus
- Experience with lean innovation and experimentation a plus
- Experience working in the healthcare field and/or medical devices a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience working on AI/ML driven products a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time