Publicis Sapient ⟩ Senior Experience Designer
Publicis Sapient is looking for a Senior Experience Designer who can design interfaces and workflows for a complex enterprise application that impacts the lives of millions of people. As a senior designer, you'll be leading tracks of work and mentoring other members of a large design team; you'll also work directly with agile delivery teams.
You will be required to spend the majority of your week onsite with our government client in Washington, D.C. to enable first-class delivery of services, along with occasional travel to other client locations across the country.
The Skills We Need for the Project
Most of your work will focus on prototyping, interaction design, and user research, with a bit of information architecture and content strategy mixed in. You'll conduct discovery to research existing and new features for the application. Interactive prototypes will be your primary deliverable, created using components from a design system. You'll also facilitate developer and stakeholder reviews and you'll design and run usability tests, reporting to client leadership on your findings. You'll have opportunities to receive feedback on your work and grow your skills as a designer from other members of the design team. Occasional travel will be required to review and test designs with stakeholders and users in the field.
You'll need to be a strong communicator as the complexity of this system requires constant coordination with other designers, developers, business analysts, and client stakeholders. You will help define problems and design solutions to those problems. You will be expected to present a clear rationale for your design choices based on your understanding of the requirements, technical constraints, and business and user needs.
Successful team members are collaborative, resourceful problem-solvers who can adapt quickly to changing priorities and fast-paced work during standard business hours.
You could be a good fit for this project if you have:
- Collaborated with client stakeholders, developers and business analysts to define business problems and prototype solutions
- Participated in requirements-gathering sessions
- Designed user interfaces for large-scale web-based applications where efficient task completion and fulfillment are critical for business success
- Created interactive prototypes using tools such as InVision, Sketch, Flinto, Framer, and/or Axure
- Analyzed user flows from start to finish
- Collaborated with delivery teams in the discovery, implementation and release phases of an application or feature
- Presented concepts to clients and internal stakeholders and explained your design choices
- Evaluated existing sites and applications in terms of their usefulness, usability, efficient task completion, and layout
- Led or participated in usability testing sessions
- Developed personas/segmentations based on research findings
- Led a track of work within a larger project
- Mentored other experience designers
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree required from college or university
Within Three Months on the Project You Will:
- Have completed all required training for both Publicis Sapient and the client
- Know the team's standard operating procedures
- Have shadowed other designers to learn about the application and how we work as a team
- Begun leading a track of work
- Have a strong grasp of the agency's various workflows
- Have a strong understanding of the enterprise application
- Be comfortable taking on new work on short notice and juggling multiple tracks at once
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with visual design, data visualization, content strategy or front-end development
- Understanding of designing for accessibility
- Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency
- Knowledge of agile product environments and processes
Culture and Core Values
While you are hired for one project, you may work on many projects over the course of your career at Publicis Sapient. We look for people who embody our corporate core values: Inclusive Collaboration, Learning Mindset, Engaging with Openness, Partnering for Client Impact, and Embracing the Future. We look for people with strong communication and consulting skills who understand how to provide value to clients and end users, who can define business problems and design solutions that are both elegant and realistic. Learn more about our culture.