Agari Data, Inc. ⟩ Senior UX Researcher
Your Future Role
As our very first dedicated Senior User Researcher to join our team, you'll have the opportunity to develop the user research practice and culture across our company! As Agari's Senior User Researcher, you will influence the products that are transforming the landscape of email and brand security. The customers you will work with are the largest banks, social networks, government agencies, and retailers in the world, and the cloud-based SaaS infrastructure of Agari's products creates an untapped user insight ecosystem. The company is growing fast, changing email for good!
- Collaborate with the Product Management, UX Design, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales teams to identify opportunities for research to help develop a deep understanding of our customers and their use of our products.
- Working across the organization to define and drive our user research and testing efforts, to provide valuable and actionable insights.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from disparate sources - Salesforce, Pendo, Gainsight, direct observation/ethnographic studies, anecdotes, usability and A/B testing (remote and in-person), market research, competitive studies - to develop a model for measuring customer health and changes in customer health, which, in turn, will shape product and service offering strategy. Your research will lead to smarter, more empathetic teams and increased customer satisfaction.
- Regularly present and evangelize research insights throughout the company in creative and compelling ways in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization.
- Package insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers (e.g. personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks, etc.).
Your Keys to Success
- You're energetic, upbeat, and a tenacious team player, collaborating with multiple, disparate internal teams
- You possess excellent communication skills, allowing you to working directly with end users and customer buying centers with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You're comfortable in an agile software development environment, concurrently coordinating multiple fast-moving projects of varying levels of complexity
- You have worked on Enterprise SaaS and Cloud services/products
- You have expertise with User Insight/Analytical/Productivity tools such as:
- CRM systems (e.g. Zendesk, Salesforce), product management tools (e.g. Jira, Trello), user analytics tools (Google Analytics, Pendo, Adobe Analytics, Gainsight), testing and survey design tools (UserZoom, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics) and, ideally, any other tools necessary to "connect the dots" for powerful insights.
- You are self-directing: you can anticipate the next most important areas to focus on, and shift accordingly
- You possess a Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience managing up and across: the successful candidate will be comfortable socializing, collaborating and presenting findings to multiple teams and leaders across the organization.
- Knowing your audience: you quickly build a rapport with subjects and stakeholders
- Technology curious: you're not intimidated by technically deep products and their underpinnings
- Evaluating a comprehensive toolset necessary to maximize insight
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Tableau, D3.js)
- Accountability: you'll be defining, owning, and leading an internal research practice, and you'll hold yourself accountable for performance of that practice
Why we're a great place to work
- Won Best Places to Work 2018
- Fast-growing cyber security start-up -Won the best Email Security Solution 2018
- Competitive benefits package -equity included!
- Hard working people with a lively office environment
- Weekly company events - lunches, social happenings, etc (We like to have fun too!)
About Agari Data, Inc.
Founded by thought leaders of Cisco's IronPort solutions, we're on a mission to protect digital communications so humanity prevails over evil.
Agari is transforming the email security landscape with the next-generation Secure Email Cloud™ powered by predictive AI. Leveraging data science and real-time intelligence from trillions of emails, Agari has a suite of products that detect, defend, and deter costly advanced email attacks.
Agari is trusted by leading Fortune 1000 companies, including 6 of the top 10 banks and 5 of the world's leading social media networks, as well as Government Agencies, to protect their organizations, partners, customers and citizens from advanced email phishing attacks.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Agari is backed by Alloy Ventures, Battery Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, ScaleVP, and now Goldman Sachs.