Square One Communications and Design ⟩ UX Design Generalist
remote New York, NY USA 2 weeks ago
Square One Communications and Design Inc. is a boutique digital design and communications agency based out of Princeton NJ eager to recruit new personnel to our talented roster. We are looking for short and long-term contractors (3-12 mo.) that can work remote while still able to commute to client offices in NYC when necessary.
Our User Experience Design Generalists have extensive experience with human centered methodologies and each step of the design lifecycle. You are a key global team member that can easily transition between specialized roles within the practice, from User Research to Visual design and clearly articulate your decisions to cross-functional teams.
Additional roles we are looking to hire for include:
- Lead design efforts, designing innovative and easy-to-use experiences to addressing complex customer challenges.
- Lead creation of User Experience artifacts such as User Personas, User Journeys, User Flows, Low Fidelity wireframes, Prototypes, and High-Fidelity Designs.
- Support project teams through design lifecycle phases Research, Design, and Evaluation, partnering with external creative agencies and technical vendors.
- Lead workshops which foster collaboration and result in a translation of user needs and business requirements into effective User Experience and Interaction Design concepts.
- Participate in Hackathons and Design Sprints to rapidly develop prototypes which demonstrate an experience vision or minimum viable product.
- Ensure the conceptualization of the experience design strategy aligns to the overall product vision through collaboration with Product Management.
- Support the team in evolving our Design System as well as establish main design standards.
- Communicate design process in a way that helps others grow and mentor UX/UI designers in teams distributed through the organization.
- Bachelors in the design, arts, technology related fields or equivalent experience
- Expertise in Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar tools for design
- Expertise in Proto.io, Invision or other similar prototyping tools
- Expertise in Zeplin, Sympli.io or other similar tools for communicating design specifications
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and proven ability to effectively get buy-in at all levels and across cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of and enthusiasm for, user centered design principles.
- Ability to conduct user research and testing with a variety of techniques
- Ability to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement or communicate the best solution in a timely manner.
- Superior communication skills
- Demonstrated effective organization and time management
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under aggressive schedules
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability to function in a dynamic work environment
Please submit your resumes and supporting portfolio/cover letter if applicable to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***PLEASE APPLY VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com****
***NOT THROUGH THE SQUARE ONE WEBSITE***