OpenText ⟩ Senior User Experience Designer
- Conceptualize, design and deliver intuitive and compelling designs for a complex, multi-platform (web browsers, iOS mobile & tablet, Android mobile & tablet, Windows & Mac desktop, Java, etc.) product suite that supports user needs and business objectives.
- Work with R&D leadership, Product Management, and Architecture teams to create a shared understanding of the impact of technical, architectural, and platform decisions on the user experience.
- Create interactive prototypes as proof of concept of the software product solution, serving as the starting point for requirements validation, conceptual design validation and basis for iterative development activities.
- Advocate user needs throughout the development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment to ensure the team develops the right product.
- Mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on customer-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Contribute to and help champion User Experience Design team initiatives, such as creation of design guidelines, process enhancements, toolkits, etc., fostering a customer-centered culture.
What it takes
- 5+ years working with an experience design team... applicants with eclectic backgrounds welcome
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conceptualize complex systems
- Excellent listener, facilitator, communicator, and team player
- Self-reliant, used to taking initiative, and great at follow-up
- Creative, with solid understanding of interaction design best practices / principles
- Prior experience doing UX within an Agile environment would be an asset
- Experience with a variety of UI design and prototyping tools, e.g. Axure, Balsamiq, Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Knowledge of GUI accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG, etc.) a plus
- Degree in HCI, Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Science, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or related experience.